Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke now 12-0

Re: Santa Clara at Duke - Saturday, Dec 29, 12:00pm ESPN2

There have been 4 games in which Mason hasn't gotten a double-double?

That's a surprise.

The last two games have not made me feel that Duke was the #1 team in the country.

77 points. Is this last year's Duke team?

Mason figured it out from the line, finished 10-15 FT, with 22 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 block.

Duke wins by 13. A very bad 1st half and ok 2nd half. Overall a bad performance. Next is Davidson with the #24 offense in the country.

We basically scored like we should have, but Santa Clara outperformed their offensive expectations by 12.

Nice win, but man, this was likely Duke's worst game of the year. Concerned about the slow starts.

Sheed was bad today, Foster thoroughly outplayed him and Sheed couldn't finish at the rim.

At least he won't go pro. Ugh.

First lost coming soon, imo. Possibly to Davidson.

Duke did manage to have 79% defensive rebounding and 40% offensive rebounding, easily their best rebounding of the season. I guess that goes to show how secondary defensive rebounding is in the grand scheme of things.

rome8180 said:
We basically scored like we should have, but Santa Clara outperformed their offensive expectations by 12.
I'd say 4-6 of those were from Foster hitting ridiculous shots in the first half, and the rest to poor d on him and Roquefort. Also our free throws we're atrocious to start the game that would have widened the disparity a bit

I had to listen to this one on the radio, and as anyone who has ever listened to Bob knows, every basket made against us is an amazing shot that somehow went in. Did a lot of that happen, or did defensive lapses contribute as I suspect?

I didn't see the first half. But in the second half, there was certainly some difficulty fighting through screens.

DrKlahn said:
I had to listen to this one on the radio, and as anyone who has ever listened to Bob knows, every basket made against us is an amazing shot that somehow went in. Did a lot of that happen, or did defensive lapses contribute as I suspect?

I saw exactly one memorable amazing shot by Santa Clara. We defended very poorly, couldn't do jack to slow Foster down, and gave up I don't know how many points at the free throw line.

Foster took some really deep shots. Caught us off guard

Oh my they took 27 threes? Either there is a major philosophical change going on or this team is having a hard time executing the defensive game plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrKlahn said:

Listening to the game on the radio, you will know that K was absolutely thrilled with the team today. He was almost effusive. In post games where he is pissed or disappointed, you can tell. There was none of that today.

Re: Seth Curry Saves Duke

Changed the title to honor the best player today and as an homage to a once great blogger, who doesn't know how much he doesn't know.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom