Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Duke is now aware of Myles and will contact him, hopefully soon IMO on the latter.

I'm sure the coaches read the thread about him on this board before it got merged and decided he was worth reaching out to based on that alone.

This board already cost us one game this year. Might as well do some good too!

If the inmates of Duke-forum taketh away then we may as well giveth every now and then to even things out. :smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp:

Are we recruiting any PG in 19 in case Tre leaves?

ETA: Besides Anthony since everyone wants him.

So much uncertainty around that season. OAD may no longer be in effect, meaning that anyone elite we land we might lose to the pros. And K may no longer be coaching.

Has Duke ever had 5 McDonald's All-Americans in the same class?

I don't think so?

That's going to be a fun weekend.

He is the all-time NY state scoring leader. He has some connections to Michigan and Syracuse but I imagine Duke could get him if they are serious.

A scrawny high-scoring shooting guard from Glens Falls, NY, though!

JIMMMMMMMER!

jimmer_120710~0.jpg

ncb_i_jfredette1_400.jpg

knicks.jpg

Seriously, this kid will kill in college for someone, and yeah, probably score a shit ton of points over 4 years while shooting 40%+ from three. In a world where we're not bringing in a new OAD freshman every year, I'd love for it to be at Duke. But at Duke, he's likely playing behind a top freshman at least his first year.

Sidenote -- given how Rowsey/Howard have done this year, Girard should consider Marquette.

O'Connell, Girard, Baker, White. Tons of "grit" and "hustle."

If only Vrank had redshirted, I'd feel even better.

It's a joke, dude. "Call out" is way too strong a word, but yeah, sure. You have to be the most linear-thinking, literal-minded person on this board.

I'm hoping we offer too. Duke need at least one, preferably two, four year type recruits every year. Last year we had Javin and White, this year we actually had three in Tucker, Goldwire and AOC, and lost Tucker already. Next year it looks like we won't have any. So in 2019 we need two to three to make up for it. And I think the best recruits to go after in that role are those who are great at one thing but are bad at everything else. That way even if they don't develop they can still be situational players, with the hope that by the time they're upper classmen the rest of their game improves to the point they can be more than that.

This kid fits that description.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom