Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

White kid: Look at how fat this fucker is!
Leon Bond: I know!
White lady in background (to child): Don't go near the hippo, sweetie...

Not sure I've ever seen an athlete move with as high efficiency as Baldwin. It is striking how little wasted motion he engages in. The lateral moves are just enough to get by the defender, the leaps are just high enough to dunk and the fakes are so subtle they are almost invisible. Dude takes smooth to another level completely. Obviously there is a long way to go, but I'd have a hard time believing that guy isn't an NBA superstar down the road.

Yeah, he's like if you mixed Durant with Paul Pierce or something.

I also think it'll translate to any game situation and he'll be very consistent for us. Wasted motion -- or on a psychological level, uneven demeanor -- can lead to uneven play. His game doesn't resemble Kawhi's but there's the same machine-like focus and calm.

There are many things happening in this screenshot, but I mostly am posting it because it seems that Kennedy Meeks no longer holds the record for fattest high school basketball player.

daeXXLZ.png

Woah, Oliver Miller flashback...

Had a kid that played for me five or so years ago that was 7-1, 330 pounds.......as a sophomore in high school. Wasn't as purely fat as the kid in the video with Baldwin, but he was a massive, slow, plodding son of a bitch. Also one of the sweetest kids I've ever met. I remember one of the other coaches asking him one time how many pizzas he would typically eat in one sitting and he said eight.

I keep saying “if K can’t win with... then he should retire”...but if K somehow pulls off Roach, Kuminga, Griffin, Baldwin, Williams and doesn’t win it then he has to step down.

I think I would only want Kum next year, not 2021-22. Perfect ‘22 team is headlined by GriffinBaldwin and Christie, a hopefully solid group of Sophs that includes Roach, and then Baker.

I do have a hard time seeing Steward and Christie on the same roster as we probably can’t start both.

A top 8 of: Roach (soph), Steward (soph) or Christie (fr), Baker (sr), Baldwin (fr), Griffin (fr), Williams (soph), Coleman (soph), Brakefield (soph) is kind of sexy.

He transferred to IMG and then before playing a game supposedly "left" IMG. Rumor is a failed drug test, but that makes no sense to me. What drug test gets you kicked off the team entirely? Also, wouldn't some other school have snatched him up? Lastly, why are people worried this will affect his Duke career? But that's the buzz.

I just don't see it as realistic that we land Baldwin, Griffin, and Kum in the same class. I know we just did that last year. But the rest of this roster is likely to be much more loaded. And I feel like that was the exception. I want Baldwin roughly 1000 times more than Kum.

The Johnson/IMG deal has always seemed strange to me. I'd seen the rumors about him going back home and that he wasn't actually injured at IMG, but that's the first I've heard about the drug test. Wild if true. Wonder if he ever matriculates to Duke.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom