Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

TDD "insiders" don't seem to think whatever is going on will impact his enrollment at Duke (though I guess one of the rumors is that he could enroll early?). His dad (@bigrod_33- great name) posted a pic as recently as December 18 with Jalen Johnson and Scheyer, so that seems good?
Because why would it? I don't see why his Duke commit would be tied to his IMG status at all.

If Duke gets him for next year, DF’s next blog post/scholarly article should be “Usage Projections for 2021 Duke Basketball: How Much Kum is Too Much Kum?”

I would nominate SMTTEM to write it but I fear that his growing responsibilities with SFA-Forum.com by then may prevent him from taking this project on.

I think Kum fits next years roster almost perfectly. Roach, Steward, Kum, Johnson, Williams. Everyone has a defined role, Steward is an elite shooter where the other 3 guys can definitely hit the 3 so we’re not lacking. Would still have Baker, Moore and AOC off the bench as capable shooters. I just don’t see K landing Kum, Baldwin, Griffin, Christie, etc all in the same class. Kum on next years roster is probably Ks best built roster in forever.

Point Guards-Roach, Gold and Steward
Shooters-Baker, Steward and AOC
Superstars-Kum and Johnson
Size-Williams, Coleman and Brakefield
Veterans-Moore, Gold, AOC, Baker

I think Kum fits next years roster almost perfectly. Roach, Steward, Kum, Johnson, Williams. Everyone has a defined role, Steward is an elite shooter where the other 3 guys can definitely hit the 3 so we’re not lacking. Would still have Baker, Moore and AOC off the bench as capable shooters. I just don’t see K landing Kum, Baldwin, Griffin, Christie, etc all in the same class. Kum on next years roster is probably Ks best built roster in forever.

Point Guards-Roach, Gold and Steward
Shooters-Baker, Steward and AOC
Superstars-Kum and Johnson
Size-Williams, Coleman and Brakefield
Veterans-Moore, Gold, AOC, Baker

Well said and I agree.

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if this (Kuminga reclass and commitment) is a fait accompli. Not saying it definitely is, but it wouldn't shock me.

Of course I say this as someone with little to no knowledge of how recruiting really works behind closed doors.

So is K leaving Kuminga's game early the equivalent of "negging" him?

Since he was apparently forcing some shots not unlike the family Barrett, I'm going to go with, yes, he was.

Although that would imply K learned from his mistakes, wouldn't you say?

That Montverde team must be incredible because the team Kum Kum plays on is very good and is one of the best high school programs in the country over the last 15-20 years.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom