Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Wait, it’s that bad that he may not even end up at Duke?

I hadn't heard of any of this until Rome's post but I have now lost all faith in Jalen Johnson and hope we land our savior Kum Kum. The next great overachiever of fan expectations just like Bagley and Zion.

Yeah, this part of the speculation is baffling to me. I mean, I know Florida sucks, but normally a failed drug test would be like a month's suspension, right? I'm not clear on why he would be out for the year, let alone why it would affect his enrollment at Duke.

I guess if he's out for the year then he wouldn't have enough high school credits?

It is pretty suspicious that he hasn't been playing for IMG but I can't find a single official tweet or article about why.

Damn, that would really throw away next season. I love our supporting cast but wouldn’t have any star power without him. K needs at least one star.

I have no idea. I’m not trying to stir shit up, I have no clue what’s true and what isn’t. I’m just saying if the rumors Rome mentions are true (and he probably would stress to all that they’re just rumors and should be treated as such), that seems like something that maybe Duke and K wouldn’t play around with and want that story hanging over the program (I’m assuming if he’s out for drug test it’s something serious, obviously, and not just some ganja).

Only thing I’d read somewhere is speculation that he wasn’t really missing time at IMG due to an injury. Obviously if the rumors Rome mentions are true that would align. I also saw someone speculating that he’d be going back home to Wisconsin, but that doesn’t seem to have happened.

Last edited:
Even in Florida, would failing a drug test due to weed really get you kicked out of school?

From Duke's side, we've taken on some sketchy situations in the past. Shelden's situation seems like it would have been more of a PR issue than a drug infraction.

Even in Florida, would failing a drug test due to weed really get you kicked out of school?

One wouldn’t think so. Which is why I was (maybe jumping to conclusions?) assuming when I saw failed drug test something more serious.

We had kids at practice clearly high a few weeks back and weren’t allowed to do really anything other than lecture them. Can’t administer a test and without them coming clean, aren’t allowed to punish them for something we don’t have proof of.

From Duke's side, we've taken on some sketchy situations in the past. Shelden's situation seems like it would have been more of a PR issue than a drug infraction.

Agree with that. I’m only speculating when I say K might not want that cloud/rumor mill hanging around. And again, possibly wildly reaching on what failed drug test could really mean.

Who knows. Wild situation, regardless, that no one seems to want to comment on his situation down there with IMG.

Jeez - I haven't seen any of this, can someone provide a link to "this rumor" -- Johnson "on the outside" seems like a very respectable guy. This would be a surprise to me.

TDD "insiders" don't seem to think whatever is going on will impact his enrollment at Duke (though I guess one of the rumors is that he could enroll early?). His dad (@bigrod_33- great name) posted a pic as recently as December 18 with Jalen Johnson and Scheyer, so that seems good?

If we premature Kum, I think I want Baker starting. Roach, Kum, Baker, Johnson, Williams. I like having that elite shooter mixed in. If Steward's shot is close to Baker's I'd be ok with him getting the starting nod but 5 freshmen would be wild.

Jeez - I haven't seen any of this, can someone provide a link to "this rumor" -- Johnson "on the outside" seems like a very respectable guy. This would be a surprise to me.
There's no official info. It's all just rumors from other message boards. You'd have to get a TDD premium subscription or something to read about it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom