Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Next season we desperately needed an imposing rim protector, and Scheyer checked that box emphatically with Maluach. Next we need someone to step up and be a bigger wing that can hit 3's and play defense. This is what Ingram does for UNC this year and what we've had a lot of in years past. I thought Mitchell could develop into this, but he hasn't. It could be Isaiah Evans, but he will be a freshman. On top of not having a rim protector this year, we were just too small/weak across the board.

That Gatorade state players of the year post was already funny because of which players did/didn't get "guard" next to their "forward". It's also interesting looking at the heights and weights -- which I assume are all self-reported, but still.

Evans: 6'7" 185
Flagg: 6'9" 195
Harris: 6'6 195
Knueppel: 6'8" 218
Being able to play Knueppel at center should be a massive advantage for us.

Staying on brand

This looks like a good portal pick up if we go this route. It checks off several boxes. The academics are good coming from Harvard. At 6’10, 255lbs he is ginormous. Patrick Ngongba is coming off a serious injury and probably can’t be relied upon for next season. Ajogbor averaged 3 blocks per game in 23mpg. He would be coming in as a tough, physical, rim protector with very low offensive usage. This projects to be a good back-up at the 5.

This is the kind of addition we need. And it again shows that Scheyer is aware of our lack of rim protection, size and toughness on the current roster. On paper I’m a fan of this.

Apparently a done deal to UConn. That’s how sick a run Danny Hurley is on. People are willing to give up a degree from Yale to win practically guaranteed national titles instead, while still having no future in pro basketball.

Angel seems to be a really good player. If he badly wants to be here, I’m happy to take him and figure it out.

Harrison Ingram, also from Stanford, would’ve actually been a perfect fit for our roster last year, although it didn’t feel like we needed him at the time.

He's basically a stronger and beefier version of TJ Power. I think Power in a couple of years will be better, but for next year? Angel is probably better.
I think if Power transfers, you take him, if Power stays, which means he's willing to stick it out, you might want to keep Power. Or I guess you can tell Power, go play for Stanford for a year, and come back next year after you had some seasoning.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom