Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fucked Up Lists

Alabama is #5 and is 0-5 in quad 1 games.
BYU is #4 and 1-2 in quad 1 games
And it just goes on and on

What sense does any of this make?

I don't know why Quads exist in the first place. Beating a team at home that's #36 in the NET is not meaningfully less impressive than beating a team that's #35. But it goes in a different category. Why? You could just fucking weigh it. It's not that hard. Kenpom and Torvik already do this. They don't have quads. It could be perfectly linear with no arbitrary cutoff points.

Last edited:
Majority of Americans need stupid shit to understand things better. Same reason we don’t have one simple equation for calculating income tax.

Ok to have a committee of dinosaurs pick 68 teams based on collective bullshit, mainly to reward past performance, but then I’d let Vegas determine the seed order. A committee of oddsmakers. That seems like the fairest way to me. You would have the FSU football of #68 teams make the field even with half their team injured, but they’d clearly be #68, while every higher seed would be favored to win their games, appropriately. Duke would be around the #6 overall seed right now.

Freshman Tatum > senior Battier seems wrong to me. They’re not trying to base this purely on peak NBA ability, either, since Kyrie obviously makes it if that’s the criterion (Paolo arguably makes it already as well).

Tatum didn't even have a particularly good season at Duke. A 111 offensive rating is putrid when stacked up against many of our other great forwards.

If for some reason this guy wants to include Tennessee in the conversation, does he realize how stupid the slope of those lines would have to be to exclude that cluster of teams with Duke and Illinois in it? He's using not-stupid slopes here and doesn't realize he's basically gerrymandering a map.

In every bracket, Duke seems to be in the 12/13 range on the seed list. So somewhere around last 3/first 4 seed. Unc seems to be in the 7 overall range in most places, so lower end 2 seed. A lot can change but we're getting dinged for our really shitty losses and they have more Q1/Q2 wins.

In every bracket, Duke seems to be in the 12/13 range on the seed list. So somewhere around last 3/first 4 seed. Unc seems to be in the 7 overall range in most places, so lower end 2 seed. A lot can change but we're getting dinged for our really shitty losses and they have more Q1/Q2 wins.
It would be nice if GT could get back in the top 135 so it would be a Quad 2 loss. What a bunch of assholes. I hate programs like that. Beat the few marquee teams on the schedule, play like shit against anyone else.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom