Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HS All Star Games - 2018

8 pm ET tonight on ESPN2 HD.

Cam Reddish in the 3-point contest.

Zion in the dunk contest.

Duke hype train in full effect on ESPN 2 HD right now.

Some type of skills comp is first up.

Also Reddish ties for first with a 17 in the three point contest

Please post if you see a video of him scoring in the post. I would like to see it. I don’t think I’ve seen any video of him posting.

I didn't hear it, but apparently Biancardi said R.J., Cam, and Zion are 1-2-3 in draft order right now.

Axe are you able to rewatch the replay of the scrimmage and let us know how our guys did?

Axe are you able to rewatch the replay of the scrimmage and let us know how our guys did?

I watched it live. Here are my notes:

R.J. opened the game with a jam and a few seconds later hit a triple. 13 points.

Zion had a nice post move + dribble behind the back + floater to compliment a bevy of dunks. 11 points.

Reddish hit an NBA 3 and had a nice drive + dunk. 7 points.

Tre Jones and E.J. Montgomery each had 2 points. Tre's was a midrange jumper and E.J.'s was a putback dunk.

None of them played a lot. Hopefully the big 3 get a lot of run tonight. I'd put my money on R.J. winning MVP.

I have now seen these guys many times, and now I'm getting to see them against the best of the best (I didn't get to watch any AAU sans highlights)

So here are some thoughts:

To me, RJ and Zion are the clear alphas of the entire class. Everyone seems to follow them and everything seems to flow through them. Zion is clearly a 4 (but with a great handle) and will be a monster down there. R.J. is borderline psychotic with how much he competes and wants to win. You can tell by the way he conducts himself. By the look in his eyes. He's all business. Great slasher with a monster Eurostep. Would be much better at the 4 than Cam (due to tenacious mentality, IMO) but worse than Zion. Just needs to keep working on the FTs.

Cam is the most skilled but he's soooooo laid back. And there is no way he could play the 4. He is too finesse. 2 guard all the way, IMO. Great handle. NBA will love him.

Tre Jones is really good but I think there are other really good PGs too: Garland, Dotson, and Quinerly. I wouldn't expect Tre to put up stats like our other 3 guys tonight.

I think the 1-4 at Duke should clearly be Tre, Cam, R.J., and Zion. And their games do compliment each other well. You have the distributor, the shooter, the slasher, and the physical specimen.

Supremely excited to watch the game tonight, and I am glad they are not all on the same team.

I think Reddish leads his team in scoring, and I'll take R.J. for the other. R.J. wins MVP.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom