Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HS All Star Games - 2018

I would not trade either one for Little, especially Barrett. I could understand a Zion/Little swap, but with Barrett and Cam already in the truck, it would be really redundant. Zion is a good match with Cam/RJ because Zion can play the 4 and play it well. Little is a top 5 player, but so are our 3 guys and I think the trio we have compliments each other than if you swapped Zion and Little.

With that said, I'm not sure how anyone can really take much from that game last night. There are certain things you can pick out, but comparing players is difficult. I think Nassir Little 100% was the hardest competitor in the game, and I think that's partly why he showed so well. But, Nassir Little also knows that there are 3 Duke commits ranked ahead of him at essentially the same position. So, good for him, he played well and competed hard for an all-star game, but the game is a complete joke.

He really reminds me of an alpha Rodney Hood. It's not just the lefty stuff. It's the change of pace and the way he operates in the pick and roll. Obviously not as good a three-point shooter, but finishes better through contact.

Check out the drive at 1;53 and tell me that doesn't look like Hood.

Something to consider. Going into this game everyone talked about the Duke guys and they're pretty much locked in at the 1-2-3 spots. I could easily see a situation where they were relaxed whereas dudes like Little went balls out because they had something to prove. I like Little better as an NBA prospect but I think Zion will be a pretty damn good college 4.

Something to consider. Going into this game everyone talked about the Duke guys and they're pretty much locked in at the 1-2-3 spots. I could easily see a situation where they were relaxed whereas dudes like Little went balls out because they had something to prove. I like Little better as an NBA prospect but I think Zion will be a pretty damn good college 4.

Good point, C-Man (that is my nickname for you)

Little definitely wanted it more. The rest of the guys were just laughing and enjoying themselves. Joke of a game.

I think the Paulus/McRoberts year was when I realized you can't take anything from that game. They looked incredible in that game and had mediocre college careers.

I'm just excited to have an elite perimeter again. That elite FC was great but K is obviously better when he has elite guards/wings. I don't think any of our 3 guys were truly top tier or elite for their position.

I wasn't as down on Zion as everybody here. I was impressed with how fast he is and how quick he gets up off the ground on 1st jump. He's going to be a matchup problem for whoever guards him. Put a smaller dude and he can post up with his fatness, and with a bigger dude and he can blow by. Even on the play he hurt himself, I didn't think Little did anything, Zion actually got by him pretty easily but just slipped. If he just tries to not dunk as hard or as flashy he would have finished a couple more of his attempts pretty easily.

I wasn't as down on Zion as everybody here. I was impressed with how fast he is and how quick he gets up off the ground on 1st jump. He's going to be a matchup problem for whoever guards him. Put a smaller dude and he can post up with his fatness, and with a bigger dude and he can blow by. Even on the play he hurt himself, I didn't think Little did anything, Zion actually got by him pretty easily but just slipped. If he just tries to not dunk as hard or as flashy he would have finished a couple more of his attempts pretty easily.

He says he's not dunking at Duke.

He was also fouled by Little on the play.

Did we stop hating midrange shots on this board? You do realize Barrett takes a lot of them, right?

Did we stop hating midrange shots on this board? You do realize Barrett takes a lot of them, right?

I have seen him play at least 10 times this year and I didn't notice this at all.

There will be an occasional 8-10 footer (that he hits), but he's either driving to the bucket or taking 3s. Hence the ridiculous FT attempt rate.

He took 2 midrange jumpers out of 16 shots in the game I watched today. Made one and missed one.

I just don't get what weird reality we're living in where the 50-47-90 guy is getting shat on while DeRozan 2.0 is a "player." I think RJ will be great for us, but this feels a little Twilight Zone-y.

In general, I think their skillsets really complement each other even though their position is nominally the same.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom