Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HS All-Star Games

Re: 2014 HS Allstar games

Smart money.

Our offense is going to run through Okafor, so he might end up with the gaudiest of stats. But I expect Tyus to be the MVP of the class (and probably the team).

You guys know I love Cook, but I hope he is okay standing on the perimeter and shooting spot-up threes.

Duke players had over half of the US points.

Cook and Sheed will need to be money on spot up 3s. They're going to be very important in a Danny Green way.

Box score.

https://twitter.com/nikehoopsummit/stat ... 76/photo/1

Jahlil with good shooting percentages and nice rebounding. Also 2-3 from the line, which is fine. A few too many fouls and turnovers, but that's not uncommon for a big man. Justise and Tyus were both efficient. Tyus with a 2-to-1 assist to turnover ratio, which is also fine.

The trio looked great. After what we've gone through this year, it was refreshing to watch them raise their intensity level and close out a tightly contested game.

Winslow will fill the void in K's heart left by TT. He is a Michael Kidd-Gilchrist without an unfixable shot and vastly overrated impact on the game. He will not get picked #2 overall because no one is as stupid as Jordan and Co. but he'll proceed to have a better NBA career than MKG.

Winslow is the kind of guy you want 3-4 of on your team. While he might not be the offensive focal point, he seems like the highest level glue guy possible.

I actually think Grayson might be the next guy Coach K really bonds with, for some reason. No similarities to TT, just something in his demeanor. I can't imagine him ever having a bad attitude (this is based entirely on conjecture).

If Tyus has won over Lhys, i'm assuming he put on a show tonight

(missed the game, shit)

Tyus could've scored 40 if he wanted to. It will be a similar story for Duke. Let Okafor and Amile draw fouls throughout the half and then let Tyus go to work in the double bonus. I wouldn't want anyone else with the ball in high leverage.

DurhamSon said:
If Tyus has won over Lhys, i'm assuming he put on a show tonight

(missed the game, shit)

13, 6, and 5. But a lot of those points were down the stretch, and considering no USA player had more that 16 (Winslow), that's more impressive than it looks.

The five steals give me a lot of hope for his defense too. Even if it means he's gambling, if he can gamble at a high rate, that generates a lot of fast break opportunities for us. And Tyus thrives on the break.

Watching now, since I only saw the last few minutes. No profound thoughts yet.

I will say that if I were black, I would definitely want hair like Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow. Is it racist of me to want to give up all the trappings of white privilege for a hairstyle?

Observations:

1) Tyus has that "it" factor. Your eyes are just naturally drawn to him when he has the ball. He scored 10 of his 13 in the last three minutes.

2) Okafor had several ill-advised passes. Needs to cut down on that. I was more impressed than I thought I'd be with his defense.

3) I think Mudiay will be the best pro of anyone on the floor (except perhaps Turner? See #4).

4) Turner was apparently injured this week, which might explain why he was so underwhelming.

5) Tyus has a knack for steals.

6) Both Okafor and Winslow missed some putbacks I thought they should have made. However, both were good on the offensive glass.

7) Pinson had a couple of nice defensive plays, but didn't do much on offense.

8) Berry did nothing of note. I may have overrated him when I watched him last year. He's been a non-factor the last two times I've seen him.

He was good in the first half. Nice shooter. I don't remember him doing much in the second.

Just watched the game. My love for Justise Winslow deepens.

All three of the Duke guys looked good. Only criticism I haven't seen was that Tyus looked pretty bad at defending ball screens early on. Hopefully we don't get another Kyrie/Quinn type in that regard.

I couldn't watch and forgot to DVR, so thanks all for the summaries. Assuming Parker goes, I can see Winslow getting 20-25 mpg. Intrigued to see who the one or two odd men out of the rotation will be next season. Smart money still has to be on Allen I'd think. I guess you're looking at a battle between Allen and Jones for 10-15mpg slot in the backcourt. You can then divy up the remaining approx. 105 minutes allocated to the 1-3 slots among: T. Jones, Cook, Sulaimon and Winslow.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom