Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jaylen Blakes

As Duke fans we are all excited by
Roach
Grandison
Proctor
The coaches praise and are high on
Blakes
Schutt

Is he Krzyzewski's last recruit? He's perfect out there as a 3-or-4 position defender who has such good speed he can gamble and recover.

Last edited:
Remember how weak and lost and useless he was last year? I'd like to know the story of his off-season development.

First real sniper since Hurt, maybe even Trent or Kennard

I'm not sure if this is made in jest or not, but he is by no means a sniper, and I say this as someone who is rooting for him more than anyone on this board. His shot has come a long way which is testament to his work ethic, but I would be surprised if his shooting numbers continue like this. If he settles in somewhere between 33-35% I think that would be a really strong year for him from the 3pt line. If he continues his hot shooting for the whole year, I would love to see that and he would certainly deserve it from all of the work he has put in.

He looked ready to tackle a ref earlier in the game when teammates caught and held him back after a call. I suspect he’ll have a fun technical/ejection this season.

In his defense, it that was a horrific call. I loved his actual tackle when we were intentionally fouling, though. It's an absolute travesty he's playing Duke basketball instead of starting at middle LB for Duke football, which he was absolutely born to do.

I hated his game less than everyone seemed to, though. He was one of the only ones playing with any balls in the first half, and had a couple strong drives where he got to the line when everyone else was still being all prissy and timid.

The obvious exception was when he penis fingered his 1-on-0 dunk out of bounds, but that's why he's an LB and not a TE.

I still think he'll play a significant role. Not concerned about him, Grandison, or Mitchell, really. It's Young who seems the most likely to have been a mirage caused by bad competition, imo

Watching the full game highlights and I agree with @Pantone287 about Blakes. In general, a lot of my opinions are shifting from last night. Somewhat lower on the team while oddly being higher on individual performances/players.

Back-to-back games with five assists and zero turnovers.

We should probably pencil him in as a starter next year. A junior Blakes could be the best point guard in the country. Makes me feel a lot better about Proctor potentially going pro, though of course I'd love to have him back.

Between Blakes, Foster, and McCain this team should have plenty of creation and ball handling.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom