Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jayson Tatum

According to SCACC Hoops, the Grayson-Luke-Matt-Tatum-Amile lineup was +20 last night. The next highest lineup was +3 (with Frank in for Matt). Granted, that's just one game and it's against a team without much size.

I saw where Jayson Tatum was named to the Julius Erving Award Finalists. I didn't know Doctor J threw that many lazy pass turnovers.

That basket interference call was truly awful. He had two "f U Tatum" fadeaways, but he was great other than those in the 2nd half. It was helpful for him to play against rim protectors like Meeks and Maye.

His dunk on Meeks was legit badass, even if Meeks is an earthbound endomorph. We'll be seeing a lot of this one in UNC-Duke highlight reels to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
C4RsmXjXAAARTtJ

No foul.

And as bad as his midrange fade away shots are I'm positive he was hit on the arm during the 2nd one. No call, of course.

One thing I give JT props for is that he does a great job of celebrating AND getting back on defense at the same.

Tatum made a lot of big shots in the second half, and he made two really impressive blocks during the game. I hate his one legged, fadeway 2's, but I'm climbing on the Tatum train for the rest of the season. If he is making 3's, we are really hard to defend.

When Tatum blocked that shot straight to a wide open Justin Jackson for 3 to bring UNC back within 3, I just knew Duke was dead. Injuries aside, that was probably the unluckiest shit I've seen happen to Duke this year.

According to some articles I read today, K, Amile, Grayson, and Matt all chewed his ass at halftime. I guess that worked.

physicsfactor said:
When Tatum blocked that shot straight to a wide open Justin Jackson for 3 to bring UNC back within 3, I just knew Duke was dead. Injuries aside, that was probably the unluckiest shit I've seen happen to Duke this year.

Yeah, in chat, I was like that play perfectly summarizes Tatum's season so far--makes a fantastic play that costs Duke 3 points.

“Matt is the best defensive player in the country in my book,” Tatum said. “His stats may not always show up, but he’s always, if not the most important, the second-most important guy every game.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketb ... of-defense

Tatum's basketball IQ has led him to believe Matt Jones is the best defensive player in the country and the 2nd most important player on Duke after Tatum himself.

Best players in the NBA this season, according to Tatum:

1. Carmelo Anthony
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Andrew Wiggins

According to Topher's SportVU stats, Matt Jones grades out very well defensively. Since those stats deal with ppp scored against him, I find them more credible than DRTG.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
“Matt is the best defensive player in the country in my book,” Tatum said. “His stats may not always show up, but he’s always, if not the most important, the second-most important guy every game.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketb ... of-defense

Tatum's basketball IQ has led him to believe Matt Jones is the best defensive player in the country and the 2nd most important player on Duke after Tatum himself.

That quote is hilarious.

rome8180 said:
According to Topher's SportVU stats, Matt Jones grades out very well defensively. Since those stats deal with ppp scored against him, I find them more credible than DRTG.

1. Yes.
2. DRTG should pretty much have no credibility whatsoever. It's really mostly a measure of defensive rebounding, which is important, but already has its own stats.

Those SportsVU stats show that Matt Jones is in the 83rd percentile of all college basketball players in terms of ppp against in iso situations, which means, even if we regard ppp against in iso situations to be an all-encompassing defensive measure, Matt Jones is about the 600th best defensive player in the country. This is not very close to being the best defensive player in the country.

What I really want to know is which player Tatum would consider to be 1A or 1B to go with Matt Jones as the most important player to Duke basketball. I assume he was talking about himself as that guy, which honestly wouldn't be that terrible. It would show Tatum's confidence in himself and it's not logically disgusting to consider Tatum the most important player. However, I'd probably go with 1. Kennard, 2. Jefferson, 3. Tatum, 4. Allen, 5. Jones, 6. Jackson, with all other players completely unimportant since they're not good enough to get minutes in the 2nd half of a close game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom