Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jayson Tatum

Interesting, though unsurprising, to hear UVA fans bitching about the refs. I felt that the calls REALLY favored UVA in the first half. In the second half, they pretty much didn't call anything, which was an improvement.

I truly don't think I am being biased. I haven't been angry at the refs in any other game during this winning streak.

Are the bitching UVA fans using the free throw discrepancy as evidence? I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised.

I assume not, since deeyoukayee said "for the first 37 minutes of the game" and there was no FT discrepancy up until that point.

I think they have become inured to how much Bennett's teams rough up the game. Luke and Grayson were being shoved/elbowed/held 3-4 times each possession, but most fans don't look at the off the ball stuff. When the game gets that physical, it becomes easy to get riled up over a call here and there, especially when the home team replays the questionable calls against their team and fails to replay the bad calls against the opponent. I'd bet there is an almost perfect correlation between the prevalence of jumbotron replays and the internet posts containing the phrase 'officiating is the worst it's ever been'.

Good efficiency numbers for the NBA, where the 10th best team offensive efficiency is 1.077 ppp. Probably more defense-proof in iso than any other player in college today, so should translate pretty well.

At Duke, against college competition, worst efficiency in the rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did not have a great defensive game (who did?), but his D-rebounding continues to be solid. He is so reliable in that area.

Also - his fast break charge call was total bullshit.

Houston Rockets shot frequency from the 2011 season compared with the current season:

ttGgde1.png

For over half of the season, the Duke coaching staff allowed Tatum to believe midrange jumpshots are going to be viable over the next 10-20 years of his NBA career. If the coaches never told him the truth all season, Tatum could probably get a crazy lawyer to help him sue Duke University with a claim of gross negligence/incompetence for his lost career earnings several years from now.

I don't think I could zealously advocate for Tatum after watching him this season. Then again, with this version of K on the other side, maybe so.

Your stance is un-American. Everyone is entitled to a defence.

Zealous advocacy is overrated. Just bring hard copies of this thread and JT shot charts as your submitted proof of client damage.

torontoduke said:
Zealous advocacy is overrated. Just bring hard copies of this thread and JT shot charts as your submitted proof of client damage.
Just better not bring the suit in NC or they'll claim contributory negligence. Sorry guys, no more lawyer comments from me.

I think he went from around 30% from 3 to 39% during his hot stretch but is now back down to 35% in just two games.

Was Tatum's mindset and performance against UNC the worst thing we've ever seen as Duke fans? Need to consider context and such. I'm not sure I've seen worse.

That was just terrible. Was this some sort of weird stage fright, or is he playing with one of those vague injuries that they only sort of hint at? Whatever it was, it was really, really bad.

He was great. I wish K had whatever powers Roy does so that we could see him play three years here.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom