Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Kyle “Flip” Filipowski

If the best version of Filipowski against college competition is a jack of all trades who doesn’t try to score, is that worth a 1st round pick to an NBA team? That would be a very un-scarce commodity you wouldn’t want to allocate a lot of salary to down the road. I wouldn’t draft him.

I assume Filipowski, his parents and Scheyer all recognized this and understood it about halfway through the season, but they continued with the Filipowski-centric offense in an effort to somewhat fool people into preserving his draft status. Now that every game could be the last, they’re all willing to prioritize team success by deprioritizing Filipowski’s scoring. Game changer for Duke if that’s what’s happening.

With Flip officially gone and Proctor back, I’m trying to think of our other two-and-dones. We had Kennard, Matt Hurt (who I forgot at first - damn covid era) and Mark Williams in recent times, and Avery/Brand back in the 90s. Was there anyone else I’m forgetting?

I don’t count transfers after two years like Mitchell and Jeter.

Last edited:
Three-and-dones I can think of were Wendell Moore and Bolden recently, and JayWill/Dunleavy/Boozer in the early 2000s.

With Flip officially gone and Proctor back, I’m trying to think of our other two-and-dones. We had Kennard, Matt Hurt (who I forgot at first - damn covid era) and Mark Williams in recent times, and Avery/Brand back in the 90s. Was there anyone else I’m forgetting?

I don’t count transfers after two years like Mitchell and Jeter.

McRoberts

I’m sad we didn’t get to see the conclusion to that season. Torn on how deep the team would’ve gone in the tournament. Tre and Hoss were two very nice pieces, but we had that ROUGH losing streak in late February to blow the ACC regular season, and were trending towards a 3 seed. JRob’s emergence in the finale might have helped spark something. We’ll never know.

I’m sad we didn’t get to see the conclusion to that season. Torn on how deep the team would’ve gone in the tournament. Tre and Hoss were two very nice pieces, but we had that ROUGH losing streak in late February to blow the ACC regular season, and were trending towards a 3 seed. JRob’s emergence in the finale might have helped spark something. We’ll never know.
I saw that team as having a Sweet Sixteen floor with a Final Four upside. They didn't strike me as particularly vulnerable to a 1st weekend upset. The reason I say that is that having a clutch point guard and a dominant big man tends to give you a high tournament floor. When I think about most of our first weekend losses, they didn't have either.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom