Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Kyle “Flip” Filipowski

StopThePumpFakesShav

All American
Committed. Scheyer's first. Big start to what is hopefully a good few days with Whitehead's announcement Sunday.

Still laughably underranked. This is just a random draft Twitter convo I saw, but still:

Without knowing a thing about him, is 1+ million a year in NIL money enough to keep him for multiple seasons?

Without knowing a thing about him, is 1+ million a year in NIL money enough to keep him for multiple seasons?
Not even sure it takes that much if he ends up being a marginal NBA prospect. If you get "only" 100K in endorsements, that may be enough to keep certain players around. Why gamble on getting drafted in the 2nd round, get a non-guaranteed contract, and spend time in the G League when you can stay to compete for a championship, be the most popular person on campus, and still have more money than you've ever had in your life?

The NIL earnings vs G-League money comparison is an interesting consideration, that hopefully could lead to fewer Steward (/Hurt) decisions. Not that I think Hurt made a bad decision at the time, but it's still looking like he'll be a long shot to start on a roster. I do think he may end up getting a two-way somewhere as an undrafted guy.

Whenever I watch clips of him, I'm always surprised at how skilled, fluid, and quick he looks for a 6'10+ shooter. He's almost got a little Dunleavy in him. Seems more natural and comfortable with the ball than most big guys.

I love Whitehead, but between them and Mitchell, I'm not convinced Filipowski won't be the most positive player of the three at the college level.

Yeah, the obvious comparison is Hurt or Kelly. But he has much more off-the-dribble skill than either of those guys.

Reminds me of those old commercials from that Detroit personal injury lawyer. The guy who will wring out every dollar, etc.

"I may be an SOB, but I'm your SOB"

If Flipper is just a percentage of what Laettner was at Duke then he and Duke will be fine. Laettner had the killer instinct, foot on the throat, just win at any cost mentality. Jayson Williams was a close second.

I just now got that.

As for Jason Williams, he was such a killer that he shot 37% from the field and 19% from three in our last three games of the 2001 tournament. He also averaged 4.7 assists to 4.0 turnovers. The following season he was just as bad. 16.5 ppg on shooting splits of 30/32/56 in our final two games.

He did have 19 straight points to murder UCLA in the 4th to last game of 2001.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom