Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Kyle “Flip” Filipowski

True. He was great in the first three games. I like to cherry pick to prop up my Jay Will hatred though.

Is this kid actually supposed to be good? And is there hope we get a 2nd year out of him?

FDnUL2JUcAAuov0

usp-ncaa-basketball_-champions-classic-duke-vs-ken-16_9.jpg

Pictured: Top-5 recruit Nerlens Noel, Top-20 recruits Archie Goodwin, Ryan Kelly, Mason Plumlee, and Kyle Wiltjer, and some dude named Seth.

This is perfect. If he exceeds expectations as an unranked prospect, Scheyer can scoop him up in Year 5. Can run Triple Towers with the Boozer twins (who I believe would be sophomores at that point).

And yes, they're both from the same random town of 14,000 in Massachusetts. So they must be brothers.

The most encouraging prospect interview I've ever read:

PI: How big are you now?

KF: Coming here, I was 6’8”, 185. Now I’m 7’0”, 230, so I’ve grown a lot. I know I’ve gained a lot of pounds, too.

Wtf?

PI: Was there a turning point within that year? He was saying right out of the box, you were getting twenty-seven or twenty-two.

KF: Yeah, my first game I had twenty-five points and twenty-two rebounds. I don’t know what it was.

PI: What about your ability to defend the pick-and-roll?

KF: I can either switch or stay. If I switch, I can switch onto the smaller guard.

PI: I think that’s one thing you showed really well in EYBL.

KF: Yeah, exactly. With just being able to play with guards, the perimeter guards that are much quicker than me and shoot the three, I think that was one thing I did well.

PI: And some hyper athletic threes, as well. You were able to hang with them for two or three minutes.

KF: Exactly, exactly.

I will masturbate to these words.

PI: That’s refreshing to hear. Do you have a message for Duke fans?

KF: I think a lot of guys [on Duke-Forum.com] are still looking at me with those misconceptions. I know the first couple of games, I’m going to surprise them, surprise a heck of a lot of them with what I’m able to do. I’m just looking forward to that. I’ve got love for all of Duke Nation.

Yep, they read this racist message board.

Liked this part too. Mostly just that he doesn't model his game after Kobe or Carmelo or some bullshit.

PI: Who do you model your game after?

KF: For me, it’s a lot of different guys. For some of my guarding aspects and just bringing it down the court, I love watching Kevin Durant. Just how he does that like a tall guard. And then I also love watching Anthony Davis, just him being a very versatile power forward.

PI: Another guy who had a growth spurt.

KF: Exactly. And him expanding his range with the ball more. So, those are two main guys I love to watch.

PI: When you were in middle school, were they the guys you watched?

KF: Middle school-wise, it was more Kevin Love. More like a stretch-four who could pass. That’s kind of who I modeled my game after, but then I started shooting the three a lot better and handling the ball more.

It truly sounds like this guy could put up Zion-like overall impact numbers and potentially win NPOY as a freshman, then go top 10 in the draft. What a pickup by Scheyer when he was being ranked in the 40-100 range by some services. We can dream of a main lineup of PG Moore, SG Whitehead, SF Griffin, PF Filipowski, C Lively, where 3 of those guys are legit NPOY candidates and Lively is putting up Mark-like rate numbers.

Frame looks like it can put on a lot of muscle. This kid could become a legit beast.

He's way more of an interior scorer than I initially thought. Gonna be some awkwardness in his fit with Lively. I hope we stagger them a fair amount.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom