Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Luke Kennard

This thread was fun to skim through again. I forgot Derryck Thornton played ahead of him last year.

Everyone's frame of reference for Kennard was as a 4-year player. The tone of every post would have been so different if anyone believed this guy was a 2-year player from the start.

DurhamSon said:
People keep calling him a decent to good defender, so that's nice for kfensive purposes.

Must have been the same "people" that Trump often hears things from.

Weird Duke legacy. Was on pace for #2, maybe #1 all time scorer. Would the staff have even recruited him knowing he'd only be a two year guy?

Also, the 2015 class is starting to look like an absolute disaster:

Ingram - gone after 1
Kennard - gone after 2
Jeter - gone after 1.5, terrible
Thornton - Lol

That has to be the least impactful recruiting class for Duke ever. Even more so than 2005.

Eh, the two real players from the class basically carried us for the last two years. 2014 was pretty ass in any meaningful way except for MJ's flurry against the Zags. If Frank isn't a huge factor in the next year or two, 2016 is going to be pretty horrific, certainly relative to expectations.

I am pretty pissed at him to be honest. Tyus, I understood. Just won a title, draft stock artificially inflated by youth and NCAA tournament, best friends leaving.

rome8180 said:
I am pretty pissed at him to be honest. Tyus, I understood. Just won a title, draft stock artificially inflated by youth and NCAA tournament, best friends leaving.

Irrational.

Duke will always be there for Luke to earn his degree, and he will not go any higher in next year's draft due to his physical limitations. In fact, he could actually slide down draft boards much like Grayson Allen. The earning power of 1 year could also be pretty significant.

I am happy for Luke. Enjoyed watch him play on offense.

Ready for fresh blood, though. Bring me Duval, Knox, and Bamba, and let's ride.

Moses Malone's ghost. Stop forgetting him.

I am glad to have the opportunity to watch Luke develop over the last two years and he left me with many happy memories. He and Tatum were the loan bright spots in the morass of disappointments from this season. I wish him well in the NBA and am confident that he will remain a good representative of the program going forward.

AxeS24 said:
rome8180 said:

Irrational.

Duke will always be there for Luke to earn his degree, and he will not go any higher in next year's draft due to his physical limitations. In fact, he could actually slide down draft boards much like Grayson Allen. The earning power of 1 year could also be pretty significant.

rome8180 said:
AxeS24 said:
rome8180 said:

Irrational.

May not happen, but it's not irrational. Knox plays the 3. Duval runs the show. Bamba starts at the 5 next to Carter. All 3 go in the lottery after a very successful season.

8-man rotation of Frank, Trevon, Grayson, Bolden, Knox, Carter, Trent, and Bamba. Could be 7 if Grayson bolts or one of Knox/Bamba doesn't come.

I'm just the loud uninformed guy at the bar, but I am not optimistic about Knox, even though he would be a nice fit.

Duval is crucial, Bamba would be nice.

But since you're probably drinking the best beer, I'll value your opinion more than the other drunks around here.

Judging by a video that Amile put on instagram Luke upgraded his hairline. Poor guy was tired of catching shit on twitter about it.

That's what I was insinuating. I could be wrong because the video was pretty grainy

Definitely won't get shit for being a white NBA rookie from Duke with plugs.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom