Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Luke Kennard

rome8180 said:
He averaged 10.4 rebounds last year? Was he playing against midgets like our last 40 ppg scorer who set state scoring records?

Yes.

LOL - Luke's ability to handle is pretty impressive, though.

Hopefully Duke gets some good news about Thornton (or possibly Ennis) for next fall; if that happens, Duke will be really tough.

Luke Kennard seemed like a tremendous scorer at the Nike Hoops Summit. He's a smart player with a great shot and great ball handling. I think he will have a great four years at Duke but I think it'll be a little unconventional. I think he's a natural scorer at the two guard, but I don't believe he will play there his whole career. He's going to play some point guard as well as the other wing at times when they go small because they will be so deep on the wings. I think he may struggle this year coming off the bench and getting acclamated, just like Grayson did, but I think we will see greatness in spurts from him. I wonder where he will play majority of his minutes this year because he won't be a starter and with Tyus Battle potentially coming in next year, I think his best chance to be successful is the back up point guard position. He can have the ball in his hands throughout the game and be able to score it. With him handling the ball at times they will have a huge, athletic lineup. He's going to be a great player at Duke I just don't know what his role will be yet.

Thornton is not going to run the point for 40 minutes, especially not as a freshman. Allen and Kennard will have some opportunity to play point (it will depend on who turns out to be better suited to it).

Before Thornton committed, word is that K told Ingram that even he would be getting time playing point. Might still get some.

Someone just posted Kennard's HS stats:

38.1 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 5.9 apg, 2.2 spg on .59 FG|.49 3FG|.89 FT

Good god that's incredible. Probably crappy competition, but AVERAGING 38 points on 49% 3PT shooting is absolutely nuts.

The fact that he averaged 9.7 REB a game should tell you something about the competition -- or at least their average height.

I expect his shooting to translate pretty well -- he's a 6'5.5" lefty shooting guard with a release that's much faster than Matt Jones. 49% from 3 in high school. 52% in those FIBA games. 2 of 5 in the Hoop Summit, for whatever that's worth. I want him taking 5 attempts per game.

The minutes distribution will influence who our leads our team in ppg, but I also expect Kennard to have the highest p/40min of the regulars on the team. Threes and 80%+ FT shooting add up quick.

I read those numbers and got a Semi

Pantone287 said:
Someone just posted Kennard's HS stats:

38.1 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 5.9 apg, 2.2 spg on .59 FG|.49 3FG|.89 FT

Good god that's incredible. Probably crappy competition, but AVERAGING 38 points on 49% 3PT shooting is absolutely nuts.

Not the size of the ship, but motion of the ocean. So says the tattoo on my lower back, anyways.

Think that'd be better on your lower belly, unless you're giving a message to the guy behind you.

The team's expected struggles on offense places greater importance on Luke

Maybe he would be the 3 in a lineup with Ingram at the 4, Thornton + Allen/Matt in the backcourt. In a way, he may end up taking time away from Amile when Ingram is playing the 4. Adds a bit more punch and helps spread the floor.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom