Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Luke Kennard

When people say Kennard is the next Jon Scheyer, it means Kennard will be a top 10 overall player in Duke history, stay four years, and peak as a senior with a much better season than freshman Kevin Durant.

That is a really good post.

Since I have the opinion that Shelden Williams is a similarly underappreciated player (difference being that Scheyer won a title), I am curious - what was Williams' career win shares?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I don't think Scheyer is appreciated enough even by us, K and Scheyer himself.

Scheyer had a career 23.5 win shares. As a senior, he put up the most ridiculous number I think I've ever seen for a modern day title contender, 9.7 win shares. To be fair, he played in the max number of games. If his season ended in the Sweet Sixteen, that number goes to around 9.2.

JJ Redick, a no brainer retired jersey to everyone, had 23.5 career win shares. In his epic senior season of super high usage and high efficiency and good defense, he had 7.8 win shares.

It's a pity people won't fully acknowledge defense aside from steals and blocks until about 20 years from now. Scheyer was a better, more successful, overall college player than Redick and has no chance of ever getting his jersey retired.

Yeah Shelden rates as incredible. 29.2 win shares, peaked at 9.1 as a senior. Career average of .299 win shares per 40 minutes were higher than Battier's number as a senior. So Shelden over the course of his career was more valuable per minute than Battier during his NPOY season. Battier had the higher peak at 10.1 as a senior, which is just beyond comprehension. McDermott this season was 7.7.

It's how many wins you contribute to the team, based on offensive and defensive ratings and minutes and usage and maybe more.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Despicable recruiting tactics.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously not true. But why would it be sad? No one forced him to commit.

Cal Poly apparently offers players and gives them 48 hours to commit, btw.

Gbinije "committed" only through perceived eye contact and head nods so it's possible he never actually committed at all.

Checking that guy's Twitter feed, he calls Ohio State the "Duke of the North" because they never get called for fouls. Southern Ohio, UK homer, lol.

Duke Nation @BlueDevil_Fans 2m

Luke's head coach on Luke's official visit to Duke: "He was blown away. He just felt it."*

*"And then he was forced to commit"

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Gbinije "committed" only through perceived eye contact and head nods so it's possible he never actually committed at all.
DrKlahn said:
At least he didn't commit at gunpoint like Gbinije

LOL - Collins was responsible for that. He took his guns to Northwestern, which is why their recruiting has been pretty decent thus far.

LeBron James @KingJames

@Luke_kennard10 Congrats on committing to Duke! Coach K is great/awesome!

lol...how fucking awesome must that be?

rome8180 said:
LeBron James @KingJames

@Luke_kennard10 Congrats on committing to Duke! Coach K is great/awesome!

I saw that tweet and thought exactly what Zack posted.

Been reading about Luke on a Ohio High School Sports message board. Interesting to see how they view Duke. My faith in this country and its people (dragon13 notwithstanding) has been strengthened.

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264064&page=5
Been reading some of the message boards on some recruiting sites trashing coach K and Duke. That is ridiculous regardless if you hate Duke or not. This is as good as it gets for a college player. Good Luck!
I hate Duke, but i agree with you. There isn't a better coach than Coach K and if i had a son good enough to play for Duke i would be just as proud as his dad is right now. Good Luck Luke and hopefully you will continue your great success at Duke
Never would dream a kid from Franklin Ohio would play basketball at Duke! God is good! Congrats Luke Kennard. Who is the last player from Ohio to put on a Duke uniform?
I am not a Duke fan, but I can't imagine any kid going on an official visit, especailly when they play North Carolina, and not decide to play there. The atmosphere at Cameron looks crazy on TV, I can only wonder what it's like to actually play there. I think he fits the style Duke plays perfectly. Excellent decision by Luke
Goin out to get my Duke hat. Congrats Luke
Congrats to Luke. The girls at Duke will be uglier than Ohio State but you will win more basketball games and will most likely improve your all around game which small town players (i.e. Craft, Diebler) struggled to do at OSU.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom