Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

AxeS24 said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
AxeS24 said:
AxeS24 said:
AxeS24 said:
Cool, absolutely no reason for Bamba to pick Duke over Kentucky anymore. That ship has sailed with this news.

This is just not true. It's almost as if you don't want Bamba. Complete silliness.

List the reasons for a one and done big man recruit to pick Duke over Kentucky at the moment.

Better school. Better network. Better coach.

1. Doesn't matter at all to someone spending a year in school and not graduating.

2. Kentucky has a far better network and incoming pipeline for professional basketball purposes.

3. Lol.

There is life after basketball for Mo Bamba. You're treating him as a basketball playing drone.

If you want to ride with John Calipari, the architect of the dumbass platoon system, over Mike Krzyzewski, be my guest.

Krzyzewski is a killer with a hardscrabble upbringing in Chicago. Some people have it, some don't. That goes for basketball coaches as well as message board posters.

1. One year of college does nothing for anyone.

2. Platoon system lost 1 game, in the Final Four. One of the best teams ever, objectively. Doesn't seem that dumb a system.

3. Mike Krzyzewski is 70 years old. People get worse at things that involve mental and physical health as they get to that age and beyond. You're treating him as a basketball coaching drone.

1. Prove it. Quite a bold statement.

2. It is incredibly dumb if you have any experience playing or coaching basketball. That team had an almost insurmountable talent advantage. The fact they lost 1 game should be a high crime punishable by medieval means.

3. Do you have any proof that Mike Krzyzewski is suffering from any conditions affecting his mental state?

The bottom line is we disappointed this season because of injuries. It's not because K doesn't play bigs and is wedded to small ball.

Yeah, this post was where it just became unsalvageable.

krsmith16 said:
Injuries prevented Duke from guarding people, people.

A healthy Harry Giles and Marques Bolden would have made a huge difference. Point guard would still have been a problem, but we'd have been beastly inside. Would have been interesting to see it play out.

aiw said:
AxeS24 said:
aiw said:
In regards to #2, what do you think of 1999?

Really, really good, but not on the level of that Kentucky team.

Wut

We are talking about the Kentucky team with KAT and Devin Booker and a whole bunch of other 1st rounders, correct?

Yes, they were better than 1999 Duke and would win 7 times out of 10, IMO.

Welp, not the roster I would have picked for next year, but could still be a lot less of a clusterfuck than 2016-17 was. Wendell at the 4 doesn't worry me at all. Bolden... has a lot of time between now and November to work on his game and conditioning.

AxeS24 said:
aiw said:
AxeS24 said:
aiw said:

Wut

We are talking about the Kentucky team with KAT and Devin Booker and a whole bunch of other 1st rounders, correct?

Yes, they were better than 1999 Duke and would win 7 times out of 10, IMO.

Wut

AxeS24 said:
aiw said:

Still trying to sort this out. Please give me a rundown, axe.

AxeS24 said:
krsmith16 said:
Injuries prevented Duke from guarding people, people.

A healthy Harry Giles and Marques Bolden would have made a huge difference. Point guard would still have been a problem, but we'd have been beastly inside. Would have been interesting to see it play out.

You have way more faith than me that Duke would've actually gone big if they had been healthy all season. When they were healthy, they played basically 6 guys.

Aiw, do you have any proof that mental condition deteriorates with age?

I am living proof of mental deterioration with age.

In unrelated news, if anyone has $200.000 they can loan me, I'm in kind of a tight spot.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom