Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

Oh snap, hadn't even considered that.

But shouldn't MJ get the night off considering he's actually older than Duncan?

The idea of sitting one player out per game is actually kind of intriguing. 1) Less wear and tear come March. 2) One less hand in the cookie jar each game...could only help with chemistry. As a bonus, it would not negatively affect the odd-man-out's per game averages.

It's fucking brilliant is what it is.

Yes, resting 1-2 star players each game should work out well if that's what K is going for, but I don't think it is. The big difference between college and NBA that makes this strategy viable is that the players get a lot more practice in college; seldom-used NBA players like Tyus Jones may not be improving much, since they often don't have practices between games.

K can still get elite recruits to buy in by saying, "don't worry about sitting out every 3-4 games against bad teams; you'll get better when you practice every day against good players here, and it will also help your draft stock because the NBA will have fewer opportunities to scrutinize you."

For these reasons and all the reasons krsmith pointed out, it's probably the best strategy for Duke basketball, but again, I doubt K is really going to do this.

Supposedly has a lower left leg injury. This has to be a record, right?

Another great coaching move. Get Jeter and Vrank extra time against the first two bad teams, with Bolden getting hyped for Kansas. Nothing wrong with this.

First two games:
Allen, Jackson
Jones
Kennard
Tatum, DeLaurier
Jefferson, Jeter

Still the best 8-man rotation in the country, probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one can redshirt, it's every man on deck.

Is this real? Are they just making shit up? I don't know what to believe.

AT LEAST first 2 games. Reevaluated after the weekend.

Need some positive news after the weekend check-up. Please let this not turn into another Kyrie-Kelly-Amile situation.

Who will win the Bolden vs Anya "Tired-Off"?

Kidding aside, it was nice to see him in there. He's huge.

I only needed to see his 5 rebounds in 12 minutes versus Chase's 1 (one) in twenty four minutes of play to be comfortable with him getting all of Jeter's minutes going forward.

DurhamSon said:
I only needed to see his 5 rebounds in 12 minutes versus Chase's 1 (one) in twenty four minutes of play to be comfortable with him getting all of Jeter's minutes going forward.

I don't understand why Vrank hasn't passed Jeter in the rotation.

dukeman92 said:
DurhamSon said:

I don't understand why Vrank hasn't passed Jeter in the rotation.

Most of us on the board have wondered about the same thing. Vrank is better in every way with the possible exception of blocking shots.

Yep. I was really concerned that getting Bolden would cause Chase to transfer. More concerned now that Vrank looks for greener pastures.

The NADs pretending to cramp up is they're signal to K that they're done for the day. K dutifully follows their orders.

Looking forward to seeing more of MB on Saturday. Even if he picks up a couple of quick fouls, let him play through and see how (or if) he could play effectively.

Bolden's injury clearly broke his momentum and zapped his conditioning more than seems to have occurred with Tatum. Interested to see over the coming weeks how he settles into the rotation.

Duke's got only three games over the next 3.5 weeks, all of them likely to be fairly stress-free. With good health and good practices, the team that heads to Blacksburg on Dec. 31 could be one hell of a machine.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom