Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

I hope against Elon they just go double bigs and try to build up Bolden and Giles confidence and timing. If this guy was actually good pre-injury then get him back in the flow of things and play him more than 6 minutes.

One thing that is confusing to me is that during broken-Bolden's 3 mpg, he's actively posting up the whole time, which I assume is by the coaches' direction. I literally have not seen us run one PNR with him. This seems to be the opposite of what you should do with a monstrous big who is struggling with the mental aspects of the game.

They're trying to limit his steps, like a pitch count for young pitchers. Once he gets to 120 steps, he's gassed and needs to sit for the half.

Supposedly he still walks around in a boot around campus. I think it's to keep his feet warm due to poor circulation because of diabetes.

This whole wearing-a-walking-boot-while-playing thing that all of our players apparently do is confusing to me too. As someone who is not a doctor but has injured myself plenty, I feel like I was always told that you isolate an injury (i.e. boot) until the healing phase is done, then when the rehab phase begins, you want a lot of light activity (i.e. walking) to stretch and strengthen all the little supporting muscles again.

Is that not what they tell you to do anymore? I mean, obviously Duke medical people know what they're doing.

It has nothing to do with an injury. The boot game gets him that cool limp walk that young black men like.

physicsfactor said:
It has nothing to do with an injury. The boot game gets him that cool limp walk that young black men like.

Racist and ageist, impressive, even for you physics!

physicsfactor said:

I tried that once but only managed to evoke Verbal Kint.

krsmith16 said:
physicsfactor said:

I tried that once but only managed to evoke Verbal Kint.

Wouldn't that be amazing?

Duke goes down in flames and Marques walks off with a smirk and morphs into Soze. I would almost root for that.

TS9 said:
Bolden's injury clearly broke his momentum and zapped his conditioning more than seems to have occurred with Tatum. Interested to see over the coming weeks how he settles into the rotation.

Duke's got only three games over the next 3.5 weeks, all of them likely to be fairly stress-free. With good health and good practices, the team that heads to Blacksburg on Dec. 31 could be one hell of a machine.

Typed this gibberish on Dec. 7.

lol @ me

Still, tonight was the best Bolden's looked since October.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom