Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Dunno why the Braves called up Ozzie Albies when their infield is already crowded beyond belief. Also starting his service time clock unnecessarily early. Hopefully they're at least smart enough to play him every day but they'll probably let him waste away on the bench like Swanson did earlier this year.

Doesn't make any sense to bring him up. They rushed both of them too soon. Could have waited until 2018 or 2019 and they'd have more impact with more team control.

The front office has done a good job at drafting and signing international players but their late season promotions and maximizing of trade assets have left something to be desired.

Dunno why the Braves called up Ozzie Albies when their infield is already crowded beyond belief. Also starting his service time clock unnecessarily early. Hopefully they're at least smart enough to play him every day but they'll probably let him waste away on the bench like Swanson did earlier this year.

He will play everyday. Hart said they may even re-sign Phillips to play 3B, BP loves playing for his hometown team. The service clock doesn't matter to the Braves, we have plenty of revenue from the new stadium / battery to re-sign whoever (and sign key FA) when the time comes.

They did rush Dansby but I'm not giving up on him yet, he had a modest five game hitting streak in AAA until last night was the first game he didn't get a hit down there.

BA new farm rankings just came out and we're still #1.

A short interview with Hart (I guess you can't embed from MLB.com):

ETA: Maybe you can. :)

Last edited:
Gwinnett (Idle):

Mississippi (Lost 6-4):
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_08_03_msbaax_mobaax_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

Austin Riley: 1-4, 2B.
Joey Meneses: 3-4, 2 2B, 3 R.
Travis Demeritte: 0-3, BB, R.
Jonathan Morales: 2-4, 2 2B, 3 RBI.
Connor Lien: 1-3, 2B.
Kolby Allard - (L, 6-10) - 6.0 IP, 3 ER, 4 R, 7 H, 1 BB, 2 SO.

Florida (PPD, Rain):

Rome (Won 6-5 in 12 innings):
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_08_03_ashafx_romafx_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

Cristian Pache: 4-6.
Drew Lugbauer: 1-4, 2 R, 2 BB.
Leudys Baez: 4-6, 2B, 3 RBI.
Lucas Herbert: 0-4, R, BB.
Jordan Rodgers: 1-6, 2B, R.
Isranel Wilson: 2-4, RBI 2 R.
Kurt Hoekstra: 2-5, 2 RBI, BB.
Alan Rangel - 5.0 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 7 H, 3 BB, 3 SO.

Danville (Won 6-3):
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_08_03_dnvrok_gvlrok_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

Drew Waters: 1-4, 2B, R, BB.
William Contreras: 2-3, 2 RBI, R, 2 BB.
Jean Carlos Encarnacion: 1-4
Derian Cruz: 1-5, R.
Bradley Keller: 3-5, 2B, RBI.
Derian Cruz: 1-3, R, BB.
Jaret Hellinger (W, 2-1) - 5.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 4 SO.

GCL Braves (Won Game 1, 6-2):
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_08_02_brarok_yawrok_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

Jose Bermudez: 1-4, RBI.
Jeffrey Ramos: 3-4, HR (6), 2B, 2 RBI, R.
Carlos Baerga: 2-4, 2B, 1 R.
Luis Ovando: 1-3, R.
Braulio Vasquez: 1-4, R.
Jeremy Fernandez: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, R.
Josh Collmenter (W, 1-0) - 3.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 1 SO.

GCL Braves (Lost Game 2, 11-6):
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_08_03_yawrok_brarok_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

Jeffrey Ramos: 1-3, BB, 2 R.
Luis Valenzuela: 3-4, 2 2B, 3 R.
Abraham Gutierrez: 2-4, 2 RBI.
Livan Soto: 1-4, R.
Yunior Severino: 1-4, 2B, 3 RBI.
Braulio Vasquez: 2-3, RBI.
Gabriel Noguera - 4.0 IP, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 2 SO.

Some future Braves in action. We have some real hitters in the lower minor leagues, I hope I live to see them playing in Atlanta.

Last edited:
Topher said:
AxeS24 said:
Future AL ROY Aaron Judge hit his 10th dinger today. Kid's a superstar. He's better than Giancarlo Stanton.

Damn, you were doing so well until that last sentence.

Time to revisit this?

Judge has a chance to be the most popular athlete in the country. Shades of Mantle. Mega star.

Judge has looked like shades of Adam Dunn over the last month +

I still wish I had never known the Braves almost landed Judge a few years back. SMH.

Still happy with Coppy/Hart tandem. Bright future.

My Astros are wobbling. Lost three in a row. Our bullpen is very weak. Hopefully we can Coast into the playoffs while getting everyone back and healthy.

My Astros are wobbling. Lost three in a row. Our bullpen is very weak. Hopefully we can Coast into the playoffs while getting everyone back and healthy.

How do you all like Gattis? Haven't followed him much since he left Braves, but loved the guy.

I think they'll be fine. Ultimately, they should move McCullers to the pen to preserve his innings. LMC and Devenski would be a helluva multi-inning pairing in the playoffs.

I think they'll be fine. Ultimately, they should move McCullers to the pen to preserve his innings. LMC and Devenski would be a helluva multi-inning pairing in the playoffs.
He's on the 10 day DL. He's had some back issues for the last 2 month or so. Same problem that put him on the DL some mo the back. Starting pitching injuries have taxed our pen. Brad Peacock has been an absolute savior for us moving to starter. He's probably the guy going to be our bull pen guy not LMC. Hopefully Liriano can be strong.

Astros need Correa and Springer back to right themselves mentally. McHugh and DK have been fine since their return but they can't go deep yet and our bullpen has blown at least 3 wins. 2 of McHughs solid outings.
Even in our blowout wins our bullpen comes in and gives up runs. That's going to be our Achilles heel I fear.

How do you all like Gattis? Haven't followed him much since he left Braves, but loved the guy.

Love him. He has made the move to catcher pretty easily. He isn't great defensively but he can give McCann great rest. He's limited his strikeouts also.

Love him. He has made the move to catcher pretty easily. He isn't great defensively but he can give McCann great rest. He's limited his strikeouts also.

Good. Happy for him! I would love to see the stros win the pennant. McCann deserves one.

He's on the 10 day DL. He's had some back issues for the last 2 month or so. Same problem that put him on the DL some mo the back. Starting pitching injuries have taxed our pen. Brad Peacock has been an absolute savior for us moving to starter. He's probably the guy going to be our bull pen guy not LMC. Hopefully Liriano can be strong.

Astros need Correa and Springer back to right themselves mentally. McHugh and DK have been fine since their return but they can't go deep yet and our bullpen has blown at least 3 wins. 2 of McHughs solid outings.
Even in our blowout wins our bullpen comes in and gives up runs. That's going to be our Achilles heel I fear.

Peacock has been legit this year. I've followed McCullers a lot this year since he was my SP1 in my main fantasy league. I was able to trade him and Thames for Goldschmidt about a week before McCullers went on the DL the first time. They need to give him some time off because of his innings limit anyway. Let him just sit out August and come back for the stretch run.

Altuve has been the MVP in my mind

I am just glad the Dodgers don't play the Braves any more this year. They and the Giants have given us fits with 9 of our 32 losses.

Peacock has been legit this year. I've followed McCullers a lot this year since he was my SP1 in my main fantasy league. I was able to trade him and Thames for Goldschmidt about a week before McCullers went on the DL the first time. They need to give him some time off because of his innings limit anyway. Let him just sit out August and come back for the stretch run.

Altuve has been the MVP in my mind

No question. He batted nearly .500 in July

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back