Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Do the Mets actually have medical personnel or does the front office just manage injuries by consulting WebMD?

Not sure Cespedes should've been playing a couple days after experiencing a "shocking" feeling in his hamstring.

It's been like this for 10 years. Wilpons need to sell the team. They are a disaster and whoever runs the PR these days is the disaster (I think it's still Jay Horwitz, who has been with the Mets since 1980).

Wow. Familia loads the bases for in front of Turner, Harper and Zimmerman. I imagine the odds of getting a save at that point were somewhere around K playing zone fulltime next year.

Easy save.

The save went to Josh Edgin. Familia was removed after the first out and Edgin got Harper to GIDP.

Oh wow. I was driving and casually glancing at yahoo app, and saw game had ended.

Familia hurt?

Ha. Touche.

At least deGromm didn't get robbed of another W.

Still...pretty ballsy move by Collins yanking his closer like that. Or ex-closer...? I'm sure he'll get next save opp, but sounds like Collins is done fucking around.

He helped fuck up this season due to his fear of Santanaing one of these pitchers. Do worried that 100 was a hard stop on pitches, costing them game after game. I'm ready for a reboot for ownership and management.

Future AL ROY Aaron Judge hit his 10th dinger today. Kid's a superstar. He's better than Giancarlo Stanton.

AxeS24 said:
Future AL ROY Aaron Judge hit his 10th dinger today. Kid's a superstar. He's better than Giancarlo Stanton.

Damn, you were doing so well until that last sentence.

Judge just crushed number 13. Rattled the restaurant glass in center at Yankee Stadium. Average up to .329. 27 RBI.

It's May 3rd.

He's so disciplined at the plate. That 10-pitch at bat last night was a thing of beauty.

Yankees rookie HR record is 29 by Joe DiMaggio . . . in 1936.

I'll purchase all your Judge stock. Thanks.

It's incredible how he's cut his swinging strike rate from 18% to 11%. He's chasing out of the zone a lot less and making 10% more contact this year. His pace is obviously unsustainable. Let's see how he adjusts to the scouting report in May.

Lol at the Mets tweeting out that photo!

If you haven't heard, following wins, the Mets tweet out pics of the player of the game wearing a crown. Only this time someone had played prank on Kevin Plawecki.

screen-shot-2017-05-06-at-1-33-27-pm.png

Harvey suspended for 3 days for violating team rules. Mets claim it has nothing to do with the dildo. That means it was because of the dildo because the Mets are liars.

The Mets have found new ways to completely fuck up their pitching staff. It's almost an art form.

AxeS24 said:
Topher said:
No one is giving up prospects for 40+ year old **** pitchers

You never know. Teams get desperate. The Rangers gave us Travis Demeritte for Lucas Harrell and Dario Alvarez (a guy we got off waivers) last year.

Also, Colon had a 3.43 ERA and 3.1 WAR last year. 1.210 WHIP and 3.99 FIP over 190 innings. There are contenders who would trade for that. He looked solid last night against the Mets.

Could surpass Dennis Martinez as the all-time winningest Latin American pitcher this year, by the by.

Jaime Garcia is also a guy who could bounce back.

Dickey would be the least likely to net anything.

Update on Colon:

6.27 ERA and 6.27 K/9 while opponents are hitting .292 against him

I sat in the bleachers in Wrigley tonight and left with it 4-1 after 8 because it was so fucking cold. Waited for an uber, went back to the hotel, went to giordanos at 10:45 and it closed at 11. They let us in, we waited 20 minutes to order and then it took 45 minutes to get the pizza. Ate the pizza and went back to the hotel. I am now in bed and they are still playing in the 16th.

Last year, our conference was in San Diego and they were playing the Dodgers. Left that game after 8. It ended up going 18.

Crazy.

Yanks win 5-4 in the 18th. They intentionally walked Rizzo to put the tying runner in scoring position because the pitcher's spot was due up and the Cubs were out of position players. Extra innings are one of the most joyless things in sports.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom