Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
David Price, #3 or 4 starter on the Boston Red Sox, probably done for season with an elbow issue.

Is he actually done? Last I heard, he was going to see Dr. Andrews at the NFL combine. That's going to alter my draft strategy a bit (not too much).

C8nEV3CXgAA47DL.jpg

Not the batboy.

Lance McCullers looked great last night. He gave up 5 hits in 6 innings but 3 of them were infield flubs.He's my darkhorse pick for AL CY.

Francisco Lindor has left 9 men on base through 2 games. Six of them were in scoring position.

Braves fan checking in.

We are a hard ball club to watch. I just hope we can turn at least one of Colon/Dickey/Garcia into more prospects at the deadline.

No one is giving up prospects for 40+ year old shit pitchers

Topher said:
No one is giving up prospects for 40+ year old **** pitchers

You never know. Teams get desperate. The Rangers gave us Travis Demeritte for Lucas Harrell and Dario Alvarez (a guy we got off waivers) last year.

Also, Colon had a 3.43 ERA and 3.1 WAR last year. 1.210 WHIP and 3.99 FIP over 190 innings. There are contenders who would trade for that. He looked solid last night against the Mets.

Could surpass Dennis Martinez as the all-time winningest Latin American pitcher this year, by the by.

Jaime Garcia is also a guy who could bounce back.

Dickey would be the least likely to net anything.

Let me clarify, no one is giving up a halfway decent prospect for a 43 year old pitcher who throws a 87 mph fastball 65% of the time.

I can't deal wIth another season of Terry Collins and his atrocious bullpen management. Cost them the last 2 games with his clueless moves.

Three straight bullpen losses in games started by Thor, degrom and Harvey

Welcome to Detroit Tigers baseball 2006-2014. Your team will also never win a World Series. Turns out that having a bullpen that allows no runs is a prerequisite.

Not sure why more teams aren't converting failed starters to relievers. Specifically, the starters who had issues the 2nd or 3rd time through lineups because they only have 2-3 pitches. Reds did it with Iglesias and he's awesome. Yanks did it with Betances, Dbacks are doing it with Corbin. Plus, you've got closers like Osuna, Wade Davis, Alex Colume, Neftali Feliz, etc.

Yanks did it with Joba, and he was awesome out of the 'pen. Then they tried to move him back to starting, and he sucked ever since. Eric Gagne was a badass for like 1.5 years after moving to the bullpen.

rhfarmer said:
Where you at skins?

Half of Toronto's lineup is hitting .036 but holy hell does it feel good to go 5-1 against them early on after the way the playoffs ended.

4th straight game bullpen has blown a lead or a tie. This time with help from that wife beater waste Jose Reyes.

Went on a cruise and had no idea what happened in sports and Mets go 4-0 and are crushing homers. Back on shore and they are averaging 2 runs per game, getting great starting pitching, but losing to to defense (Reyes), bullpen (Terry Collins) and offense (garbage). I hate them.

Bullpen blew another save today, but Jay Bruce (somehow) saved them. 3-4 2B, 2 HR, 5 RBI. GW 2R HR in 8th.

Collins is destroying this bullpen 2 weeks in.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom