Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Jacob DeGrom pitches the 5th Mets 1-hitter in which the only hit was by the pitcher.

Mets also figured in the Nats loss today with Daniel Murphy (roids) hitting the game-tying, pinch hit homer with 2 out in the 9th. In the 18th, former Mets (now Nat), Oliver Perez, gave up the go ahead homer and another former Met, Jon Niese, closed it out.

Cubs getting Aroldis Chapman for the #15 prospect in baseball.

Are the Cubs going to be too dominant to root for by casual fans? Might root for the underdog Cardinals or Giants over them.

Need to fire Collins. No more incompetent manager of a bullpen in the majors.

Need to fire Collins. No more incompetent manager of a bullpen in the majors.

Mets season opening starting pitcher, 3rd baseman, SS, 1st baseman, CF and his backup all on DL. 1.5 back of WC and would be winning it if not for incompetent managing.

A-Rod cut. Will be paid $42 million over this season and next.

This is the season the Cubs beat the Indians in the World Series and the last remnants of the Jeter Yankees depart.

When Vin Scully started his broadcasting career, Connie Mack was still managing. Incredible. Of course, here's his best:

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I care about the Tigers in this wild card race? Are the Rangers so much better than them that it wouldn't matter if they somehow made it to the divisional series? Haven't watched a baseball game this season. Figure the playoff rotation would be Verlander, Fulmer, Norris, some shit guy.

I hate Terry Collins. He should get some Manager of the Year votes taking this team to the playoffs. Best record in baseball last 40 games.

Familia 3 blown WS saves. Meltdown loss tonight. What an asshole.

David Schoenfield
SweetSpot blogger

The Rangers were 36-11 in one-run games, not just the best mark in baseball but one of the best of all time. The numbers guys will tell you that's not predictive of anything going forward. Rangers fans believed it was a sign of clutchness. Score one for the numbers guys. The Blue Jays win 7-6 in extra innings on Josh Donaldson's mad dash.

My dad is a Rangers fan, and we had this very argument about one-run games (and expected W-L) before the playoffs when I told him the Rangers were the worst of the 5 AL teams in it this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom