Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

Saw Vampire's Kiss the other night. One of the most entertaining bad movies ever. Nicolas Cage's performance is a thing of terrible, absurdist beauty.

I've always felt he overacted. His facial expressions were painful in Malcolm in the Middle. I prefer a more dry brand of comedic delivery. And even in Breaking Bad, if you watch his face, he almost borders on the cartoonish.

I am going to see it in the theater down the street on $5 movie night. AV Club called it the closest thing to a modern Spinal Tap.

This movie was the sort of indie sci-fi that proves you don't have to have a big budget to make something brilliant. I'd recommend it for fans of Moon and Primer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was an incredible take on how people conform to societal pressures. it was very funny, but the ending really packed a punch imo.

rome8180 said:
This movie was the sort of indie sci-fi that proves you don't have to have a big budget to make something brilliant. I'd recommend it for fans of Moon and Primer.

I'll watch this. Reminds me of The Invitation, but The Invitation was more thriller than sci-fi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slap the Floor said:
I thought it was an incredible take on how people conform to societal pressures. it was very funny, but the ending really packed a punch imo.

Next time write that in the original post.

Bryan Cranston's makeup in All the Way (LBJ HBO movie) is pretty amazing. So is his accent.

Finally got around to watching the 2003 Korean movie, Oldboy. I can see why it got so much praise. It's similar to Tarantino's old movies. An intelligent John Wick.

Oldboy is classic. Don't bother with the remake.

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane. Really liked it, though I didn't love the ending. I would have gone darker by
having her get outside, realize she can breathe the air, and then just cut away as she sees the aliens coming, the implication being that she is about to die despite escaping.

Also saw Face/Off for the first time last night. Utterly ridiculous, but so many awesome set pieces.

13690675_10154249634682978_4476835266482346522_n.png

Stephen King's It Coming to Theaters Sept 2017

How did I not know about this? Holy crap.

rome8180 said:
Also saw Face/Off for the first time last night. Utterly ridiculous, but so many awesome set pieces.
John Woo at his best. You've seen his prior offerings, I am assuming? The Killer was my favorite.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom