Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

I was glad he didn't attempt a Kentucky accent, like the woman who played his wife did. Her accent was as bad as Kevin Spacey's in House of Cards. Do these people do any research first? They all think being Southern entails talking like you're in Gone With the Wind.

I'm all-in for "Doctor Strange" after seeing the trailer tonight. Also now looking forward to "Captain Marvel" with Brie Larson starring. Holding out hope that the "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2" trailer gets leaked soon.

If the movie is as good as the trailer, it'll be one of the best superhero movies ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Bourne opens at my movie theater today. Only a 58% on Rotten Tomatoes (compared to The Bourne Ultimatum's 93%). This bums me out. Hopefully that's just a product of a limited sample size of reviews.

I am still going to see it instead of the much better reviewed Star Trek movie. The Bourne series has been much more important in my life.

This is going to be simply marvelous (no pun intended). Maybe not in a mega box-office hit sorta way, but in an Avengers meets Inception way.

Bourne movie was decent. I found this shaky cam more distracting than it was in the previous movies. Maybe it's that I never saw those in a theater. Maybe it's that there were more scenes set at night, and the combo of the camera and the low lighting made it hard to tell what was going on.

I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time, but it wasn't the outstanding example of an action-thriller that the first and third were.

rome8180 said:
Bourne movie was decent. I found this shaky cam more distracting than it was in the previous movies. Maybe it's that I never saw those in a theater. Maybe it's that there were more scenes set at night, and the combo of the camera and the low lighting made it hard to tell what was going on.

I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time, but it wasn't the outstanding example of an action-thriller that the first and third were.

A quote from one review I read

At times, “Jason Bourne” looks like it was shot by the monkey cam from “Late Night With David Letterman.”

On the subject of low lighting, I'll just say it. I like a well lit movie. I get that some directors feel too much light in nighttime scenes is artificial. I listened to Michael Mann talk about this once. But my thing is that it's a movie: realism is not my only criterion.

This is the movie I'm most excited to see. Screw summer blockbusters. Unfortunately the release is limited and it looks like I'll just miss it in Philly.

Just noticed that SMTTEM had mentioned it in the 90%+ Rotten Tomatoes ratings he listed above. It's still at 100% with 56 reviews.

I watched Keanu this weekend. Worth it, just go in with however low expectations you may have after watching the trailer.

I saw Jason Bourne. I didn't think it was very good.

It wasn't. If I didn't absolutely love the series already, I wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.

Not sure how the same director, writer, and star that made the third movie (which I think is the best) screwed this one up so much.

Suicide Squad is getting murdered on Rotten Tomatoes. However Kevin Smith says it's the best superhero movie ever.

I don't much care one way or the other.

Has DC Comics had a very good movie besides the Nolan Batman trilogy? Seems they range from awful to bad. This is why I'm not excited about Wonder Woman.

Suicide Squad was fun. I still prefer the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy as far as team ups. I enjoyed it significantly more than Batman v Superman so for me it was a success. Harley Quinn was my favorite character, really want a true origin story film for her now.

Has their ever been such a radical split between IMDB rating (7.2) and Rotten Tomatoes (29%) as what we're seeing for Suicide Squad?

If anything I'd think the reverse would be more common -- high level of critical acclaim but low viewer ratings, because either 1) viewers are stupid; 2) critics are pretentious asshats.

The critics probably had real expectations whereas many fans were probably like me in hoping it just didn't suck. I had a good time though won't claim it's a masterpiece or anything like that.

Anyone here heard of Hell or High Water? Think it's an artsy Western starring Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine. 98% RottenTomatoes, came out last week, apparently the best movie of the year, but never heard of it.

Going to download The Nice Guys and watch that. Also great reviews, but never heard of it. Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom