Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Music

Radiohead - OK Computer
Bjork - Homogenic
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Mr Bungle - California
Jawbreaker - Dear You

The first four were easy. The last one was impossible. I picked at random from a list that included Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream, Sebadoh - Bakesale, Jets to Brazil - Orange Rhyming Dictionary, The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow, Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain, and Fiona Apple - When the Pawn. And Radiohead and Fiona Apple both had multiple worthy albums for me.

For those who might not feel like listening to seven minutes of three guys you don't know talking, here's the gist:

Each of the three of us wrote and recorded a song. Then we sent just the lead vocals to one other of the three people. That person had no context for the melody. So they wrote what they THOUGHT the chords should be. Then they sent it to the third person to finish arranging and mixing the song.

So each of us wrote one song, added chords to another singing melody, and completed the arrangement for a third track. The result is an EP that has two radically different versions of three songs. I think you'll be pretty blown away with how different they ended up being.

Why does it have a silly name like "Rechordia"? Well, first this is a "re" boot of a long defunct band. Second, the songs were literally "re-chorded." The fact that this happened to rhyme with our band name was too good to pass up.

The album drops on streaming platforms on August 1st.

In the meantime, if any of you want to go to that channel and give the video a like or subscribe to the channel, I'd appreciate it. You don't have to listen. The likes and subscriptions would be helpful. And if you are interested in the music, which I am pretty proud of, a "single" will be dropping there tomorrow.

I'm only a few minutes into the commentary track, but that first arrangement you did for that first track is cool. Love the palm-muted riff.

"Ensemble" indicates that this is one of the songs that's been through the re-chording process. The original version, when it's released, will just be called "Kamikaze Bee."

I made the lyric video, so pardon the crudity.

FYI, this one one of my friends supplied the melody for, I supplied the chords for (blindly), and my other friend did the arrangement for.

And the full EP. Though you may have to go to Spotify itself to listen to the full thing. I think this preview window maxes out after a couple songs.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'd appreciate a download or a follow if you're a Spotify user. I'll guilt you into it by pointing out it's my birthday. After this, no more spamming of this thread from me for a while.

This dude is putting out some of the best music-themed content on YouTube. His arranging and understanding of different genres is badass, but his production skills are on the same level.

Her voice is great and it's a really cool counter to the heaviness of the song.

Anyway, I want some lists people.

Personal Top 5 Favorite Albums.

Not the greatest albums of all time, but your personal Top 5.

I'll start, in no order.

Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dream
Steely Dan-Aja
Zeppelin 3
Peter Gabriel-Security
Kate Bush-Hounds of Love

ETA Soundgraden-Superunknown, The Cult-Love and XTC-skylarking narrowly miss
Man, just listened to Violent Femmes first album, and it might have to Crack my top 5.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom