Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Music

Failure rules. They're still putting out amazing albums to this day.

I mostly hate the post-grunge era, tbh.
I love the rock that came out of that era because that was my personal coming-of-age time, but yeah, pop taking back the end of the 90s was awful. And the early 2000s produced a lot of bad music as well.
Yeah, I edited my post. Because it really is the stuff that was getting played on the radio that I didn't like. Smash Mouth, Buckcherry, Eagle Eye Cherry, Marcy Playground, Shawn Mullins, Creed, Nickleback, Oasis, Fastball, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Kid Rock, Hoobastank, Goo Goo Dolls, The Verve, Blink 182, Three Doors Down, Five for Fighting, New Radicals, etc.

I stand behind System of a Down and Deftones, however. Love those groups. And while I've never been a big Foo Fighters guy, The Color and the Shape is pretty dope.

Radiohead has plenty of good bass lines. That one bridge part or whatever that is before the first guitar solo in “Paranoid Android” is probably my favorite. The second verse of “Decks Dark” is so smooth.

'70s albums just sound better on vinyl than modern ones. My theory is because they were recorded, mixed, and mastered with vinyl in mind. Vinyl doesn't do a great job reproducing sub-bass. All modern songs, even indie rock, have a ton of low end compared to '70s music.

Radiohead has plenty of good bass lines. That one bridge part or whatever that is before the first guitar solo in “Paranoid Android” is probably my favorite. The second verse of “Decks Dark” is so smooth.
The National Anthem too

Chuck Klosterman wrote a wild essay where he explores if Kid A predicted 9/11. It's peak Klosterman.

'70s albums just sound better on vinyl than modern ones. My theory is because they were recorded, mixed, and mastered with vinyl in mind. Vinyl doesn't do a great job reproducing sub-bass. All modern songs, even indie rock, have a ton of low end compared to '70s music.
I briefly began to convince myself to get into vinyl last year, but then I looked at the prices of albums. I am much too cheap to get into that.

The National Anthem too

Chuck Klosterman wrote a wild essay where he explores if Kid A predicted 9/11. It's peak Klosterman.
Imagine being at this show

I briefly began to convince myself to get into vinyl last year, but then I looked at the prices of albums. I am much too cheap to get into that.
Well, CDs are dirt cheap these days. They lack the allure though.

Yes, vinyl is kind of expensive, but I can almost always talk myself into spending $20-40. When I compare it to my other hobbies -- like instruments and studio gear -- it seems downright cheap. Also, it's pretty easy to find record stores selling used albums for $5-10. We've got a couple in town here.

The National Anthem is my least favorite Radiohead song, btw. In fact, it makes me both nauseous and angry to listen to. Something about that extremely ugly bass part that just repeats over and over with that whiny singing melody.

Claustrophobic might be a better description.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom