Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

9/18 3pt through 3 games, with 70% FT shooting, which can’t really confirm or deny his 3pt numbers as fluky. Obviously 50% is unsustainable but maybe he’s a future 35-40% guy in the NBA. We’ll see with larger sample sizes. For now, it appears the brother of Marvin Bagley could be helping this Duke team immensely as an ideal stretch 4 in Duke’s system and may end up as a lottery pick.

Last edited:
Bobby Brown out here hooping like he's not literally 18 years younger than most of the dudes on the team. I see you, too, Amir Johnson.

Yeah, what a bizarre roster.

The first one that caught my eye was former Arizona Wildcat Brandon Ashley. When I saw his name I clicked and saw the rest of them, including Bobby Brown and Amir Johnson. I figured Johnson was on some NBA roster, but I suppose not. Also former Northwestern Wildcat Reggie Hearn, a lefty who I think played on some of those weird USA teams that helped secure the National Team's future in other events.

I would like to retroactively add Desmond Bane to my "big board" I made pre-draft. Three reasons:

1) Shot 43% from three on high volume in college.

2) Memphis drafted him, and they know what's up

3) Is absolutely jacked. He's only gotten more ripped since the photo below was taken.

bane.jpg

Yeah, if he wore a Bane mask and talked unintelligibly I would move him up a few spots.

The top three is rounded out by Duke signee Paolo Banchero and Auburn signee Jabari Smith.

Duke 2021 signee Adrian Griffin Jr. and current Duke freshman point guard D.J. Steward are projected as top-18 picks in the 2021 draft.

The 7-foot Holmgren is down to [...] North Carolina.

Sounds like Banchero is potentially great despite the current lack of range, Steward and Roach will be back as a potentially great backcourt to pair with the supremely talented forwards, and Holmgren will make it all irrelevant by guiding UNC to the title.

I know what two of these players look like.

I think this will be much better than last year’s historically bad draft, if only because of having more high ceiling unknowns near the top, but probably one of most “hit or miss” drafts, averaging out to mediocre in the long run.

Ziaire Williams’ numbers are awful overall. Seems to be in that “potential stretch 4” category that everyone loves but it is entirely potential at this point. He will be a terrible overall player for at least 2-3 seasons in the NBA. If you’re a fan of a tanking team, not a bad pick.

Corey Kispert is a white guy from Gonzaga who is not a point guard. Did not feel the need to look at his stats after seeing that.

Sharife Cooper’s numbers are spectacular, but you have to count on drastic 3pt improvement (currently 19%) to go along with his very good FT shooting (currently 81%).

I think this will be much better than last year’s historically bad draft, if only because of having more high ceiling unknowns near the top, but probably one of most “hit or miss” drafts, averaging out to mediocre in the long run.

I can see that at the top, for sure. However, to me the talent seems to thin out really quickly. After about the top 9 or so, with the exception of Scottie Barnes, everyone else seems to have that "would be a 2nd-round pick in a good draft" vibe.

Have to assume the Kentucky guys will have a good chance to be much better than they are showing under Calipari, potentially stars. The overall track record suggests that Calipari has created a counterintuitively great situation for his OADs: come play for me and the NBA will know to mostly disregard how bad I make you look.

I can see that at the top, for sure. However, to me the talent seems to thin out really quickly. After about the top 9 or so, with the exception of Scottie Barnes, everyone else seems to have that "would be a 2nd-round pick in a good draft" vibe.
Last year's "historically bad" draft has actually turned out to be a great draft, imo. The following players, plus a couple others, all look like longterm starters on good teams, with several having All-Star upside. I would wager that it's not often you can say that about nearly half the first round.

Wiseman
LaMelo
Patrick Williams
Deni
Vassell
Halliburton
Saddiq Bey
Precious
Maxey
Quickley
Peyton Pritchard
Desmond Bane
Robert Woodard

I like Cade, Mobley, Suggs, and MAYBE Green. That's about it. The reason this draft is being regarded as strong is that Cade will elevate a team right away and Mobley has unicorn big man skills.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom