Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Assuming his 3pt shooting from HS translates, Houstan should end up going top 5-10 in a great draft and will probably be a better pro than Pat Baldwin. Seems like a mistake to have focused on Baldwin instead of Houstan.

He'd be completely redundant on our roster. Would have been a horrible idea. And he wouldn't have been interested anyway.

What we need is a shooter.

I didn't mean we should've offered Cockburn, I mentioned him as an example of how Kentucky, among many other schools, is being appropriately aggressive pursuing such guys and strengthening their rosters.

When we whiffed on Baldwin, I don't get why we wouldn't go after another shooter (i.e. in the portal).

Sounds like the only person who can take down Holmgren is the exact same player type. Unfortunately for college basketball fans, there's only one other person on Earth who fits that mold and he doesn't seem like he'll attend college in the US.

When they eventually meet in the NBA finals, it should be like watching the end of a Marvel movie where the hero inevitably fights a villain with his exact same powers but evil.

Jalen Johnson, 6-9 freshman forward, Duke. “When you meet him, he’s got tremendous size. An impressive looking player and athlete. Lotta question marks, though. Why did he choose so many high schools? Why did he quit Duke? It just seems like he runs away from adversity. I don’t trust his shooting right now. My question is, when the game grinds to halfcourt, is he the same athlete? You’re talking about a guy with a lot of physical upside. He’s going to be a first-round pick, but I wouldn’t feel good about taking him. In our league, he’s going to have to become a better shooter. I don’t think he’s malicious. He’s not a bad kid. He’s got top 10 talent, but I think he falls to the 20s.”

Matthew Hurt, 6-9 sophomore forward, Duke. “Should have gone back to Duke. Defensively he’s got to improve. Really needs to add strength to improve his lateral movement. I’m not going to say he can’t make it in the NBA, but if he doesn’t he can go overseas and make a lot of money. He struggled shooting the ball in Chicago. I’m not sure he has the mentality to overcome a lot of his stuff. He makes things more difficult than they have to be. He was disappointing with his body fat at the combine (15.2 percent). He’s a non-athlete. I don’t know who he guards.”

Can't disagree with any of these. And lol @ Hurt having the same body fat % as the average college kid. WTF was the strength traning program doing there?

Not in the top 50 college prospects: DJ Steward

Lol at the scout saying Scottie Barnes can't shoot "like Draymond Green yet." Maybe one day Barnes will be able to shoot 27% from three like Draymond.

This article re-confirmed for me that New Orleans should draft Moses Moody.

Moses Moody, 6-6 freshman guard, Arkansas. “One of the safer picks in the draft. He’ll be a classic 3-and-D guy. I’d like to see more nasty in him. He played the right way as a freshman. The Arkansas staff speaks the world of him. He’s average sized for a shooting guard, but he’s a strong physical kid. He’s not selfish, and he’s a pretty willing defender. His athleticism isn’t dynamic. I don’t know how well he changes directions one on one. He’s not a great shooter, but he’s got a little wiggle to him.”

I do think Hurt will both be drafted, and make at least five million dollars in his professional career.

I don't think Steward will ever make more playing professionally than he would have made at Duke with three years of NLI monies. Given his camp almost certainly knew NLI was going to be instituted, it's hard to argue his decision to leave and not even give himself the option of returning isn't by far the dumbest draft choice any Duke Men's BB player has ever made.

Last edited:
I think Hurt would swing a title in our favor if he stayed another year. Playing a stretch 4 in a Dunleavy role.

I really think the staff should have developed him purely as a perimeter player. Instead of adding weight, should have focused on endurance, quickness, mobility.

My 2 cents, but he was never going to be a banger in the NBA.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom