Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Leaky was recognized at UNC’s senior night, and that has led many to speculate he’s gone. But then he said something cryptic like “Hopefully I can play here again” or something like that, so who knows. I think he’ll be back once he has time to think about his basketball career ending.

IIRC, IC thinks Bacot and Love will declare, but I don’t think Love would stay in the draft unless he really hates college life. There’s no way he gets any positive feedback.

Last edited:
Leaky was recognized at UNC’s senior night, and that has led many to speculate he’s gone. But then he said something cryptic like “Hopefully I can play here again” or something like that, so who knows. I think he’ll be back once he he has time to think about his basketball career ending.

IIRC, IC thinks Bacot and Love will declare, but I don’t think Love would stay in the draft unless he really hates college life. There’s no way he gets any positive feedback.

I don’t care too much about Black coming back. Do want Bacot and Love gone though.

I can see Love getting drafted just based on pedigree. This is a top 15 recruit with good size for a point guard. He probably should have jumped last year, though. Back then it was still possible to chalk his struggles up to the system.

I'm not sure why anyone would take Bacot. The NBA doesn't want an undersized center who doesn't shoot and doesn't protect the rim.

I don't think Bacot will get drafted. But at this point he's just cutting into his career earnings by not getting paid real money to play.

There's a website that supposedly tracks NIL deals and says he's signed four of them. Unfortunately, the website is apparently infected so I can't find out what they are.

I don’t care too much about Black coming back. Do want Bacot and Love gone though.
His shooting numbers have gone up a ton this year, but they're up all around and he's a strong, agile athlete, so I don't think it's some sort of fluke. Plus he's a great defender and versatile on that end.

2-3 years ago I would've taken him at UNC as long as I could, but now, especially with their weak recruiting, I definitely don't want to see him crawling back there.

Very interested to see how it turns out for him. Doesn't seem nearly as good as Jimmer Fredette as a general offensive threat coming out of college, but he has a lot more size than Jimmer, so he could plausibly fill a Korver niche. Absolute ceiling is maybe Joe Ingles. Yes, I'm comparing him only to whites.

If you replaced any player on Duke with this guy, and you added a coach to the staff who understood how to hide defensive deficiencies, Duke would probably be a legitimate title threat.

Edit: @aiw

Stroke is pure, but will be very, very surprised if he could get that shot off in the NBA.

• Defensive effort fluctuated in high school and has absolutely evaporated in college. Every game, he has instances when he doesn't even bother to contest a shot or rotate to help. He’ll sometimes lose track of his man and he could be better about boxing out more frequently. Banchero shoulders a lot of responsibility on offense, so he might be conserving energy.

If anyone was wondering what happened to those cramping issues from earlier in the year. Running more offense through AJ could theoretically help on both sides of the ball.

Why does Paolo need to conserve energy? Not as if he's flying around the court like Steph Curry or fighting for post position. Is it really that tiring to hold the ball for 5 seconds every possession while jab stepping?

I still think the assessment of his defense is way too harsh. I might like him better as a defensive prospect in the NBA than an offensive one.

I still think the assessment of his defense is way too harsh. I might like him better as a defensive prospect in the NBA than an offensive one.
I agree that it was too harsh, but without any substantial justification I've felt that he and Keels have gotten worse on that end as the season has gone on.

I've seen the same. But I still like his help instincts when he's fully locked in. And I like his mobility when guards iso him on the perimeter. He rarely gets blown by in those situations, and often forces the guard into giving up the ball or a bad shot.

Unfortunately, there have been a lot more moments with him not locked in than before. But KOC and Tjarks act like Paolo just stands around in the lane like Jabari. That's really far off from what's happening, imo.

I agree that it was too harsh, but without any substantial justification I've felt that he and Keels have gotten worse on that end as the season has gone on.
After watching the condensed UNC and VT games, that's accurate.

It's not that they can't get tough stops. Both of them can and do. It's that they give up on team defense too early in a possession every other time; both have a habit of ball watching when somebody else's man is going to the hole, rather than sticking with their own man, boxing out, or anything useful. That kills us on offensive rebounds and late passes from drivers.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom