Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

I think Kyle might be. I just had a discussion with Steve Clark and Travis Branham (national guy at 247Sports). I'll break down the bullet points later. But they left me higher on Flip, lower on Lively, and a little bit more cautious in my Whitehead enthusiasm.

That makes sense watching them play . There are some differences athletically (Whitehead > Flip > Lively), but not ones so giant that the variation in effort can't move the rankings around.

When Whitehead gives his all, like locking down DJ Wagner, he looks like the best prospect. But in the past month, he's had a couple of games where that effort wasn't there and he coasted. Meanwhile, Filipowski's showing great timing on blocks and putback dunks, and moving his feet with smaller wings when he's switched on them, and hasn't had as many sub-par-effort moments.

My worries for Flip and Lively is that both look like their bread and butter is going to be close shots and putbacks. They each can hit open 3s, for sure, but they're several notches below what we got from freshman Paolo, sophomore Hurt, or freshman Carey the last three years in terms of being able to score in a lot ways outside of the paint, shoot off the dribble, etc.

When Whitehead gives his all, like locking down DJ Wagner, he looks like the best prospect. But in the past month, he's had a couple of games where that effort wasn't there and he coasted.

I've noticed in the long-ish videos of Montverde games on YouTube in the last few weeks (the ones that show all of the scoring possessions), there seem to be long periods where he's on the bench. I haven't looked up boxscores but I've been wondering if there are foul issues, health issues, or if Boyle is sitting him due to lack of effort and/or poor play.

He's a Kentucky guard. Based on Calipari's track record as a scout of NBA talent, I would 100% take him over Paolo.

His numbers are still holding up despite some Jayson Tatum-like terrible games lately. I think it’s silly that Ivey would ever fall below #4. Jabari, Jaden, Chet, Shaedon in some order. Maybe Griffin next. Never seen Shaedon play and know nothing about his game.

New Vecenie Big Board out.

Has Chet and Jabari Smith as #1 and #2 respectively, and in their own tier

Paolo #4
Sharpe #5
AJ #6

Says there is little difference between prospects 15-60 and the list is fluid

Mark #16
Keels #24
Wendell #46 (does he come back?)

Other ACC names:

#35 Wesely
#38 LaRavia
#57 Williams

Though he says he doesn't list freshman outside the top 50 unless they've explicitly declared.

No UNC guys, I still am inclined to think Caleb Love is gone but maybe Hubert sells him on a junior season. Don't want them to return him and RJ Davis. At least Bacon/Black/Manek are for sure gone

Interesting but not surprising that he went from having Paolo #1 overall to dropping him to 4th. Who is #3? Ivey?

Last edited:
That was my first thought. I'm watching the ND game and just saw the guy miss an easy layup.

No UNC guys, I still am inclined to think Caleb Love is gone but maybe Hubert sells him on a junior season. Don't want them to return him and RJ Davis. At least Bacon/Black/Manek are for sure gone
Not doubting but how do you know those three are gone for sure?

Would've guessed that, but aren't Bacot and Black in their 3rd and 4th years? Is it just known that they'll try to make it professionally after this year?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom