Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

I don't see Lively coming back, Flip might come back if we get him a great NIL deal.

I think that 4 position is already a bit clogged with Stewart, Mgbako, and Power all best suited to play there. Adding Mitchell to that mix almost certainly means that someone is playing out of position at the 3. But I guess you could argue that Mitchell coming back is nice insurance if Mgbako is a bust and Power isn't college ready. With Mitchell at the very least, you know you're going to get a solid if unglamorous player next year.

Proctor fills an obvious position of need. The chances that he's significantly better than Foster are pretty high, imo. And that's not a knock on Foster, really. Proctor could easily be a top 5 guard in the country.

I think that 4 position is already a bit clogged with Stewart, Mgbako, and Power all best suited to play there. Adding Mitchell to that mix almost certainly means that someone is playing out of position at the 3. But I guess you could argue that Mitchell coming back is nice insurance if Mgbako is a bust and Power isn't college ready. With Mitchell at the very least, you know you're going to get a solid if unglamorous player next year.

While I somewhat agree, I still think it could be fun to have three of those particular guys at the 3-5. You'd be big at the 3 and small at the 5 relative to traditional lineups, but I'm not sure if that matters if you have three versatile, Raptory guys that give you a good sum of both rebounding/defense and skill/shooting.

(I'd also probably agree with your usefulness rankings, I'm just assuming Flip and Whitehead are gone no matter what.)

Last edited:

While I somewhat agree, I still think it could be fun to have three of those particular guys at the 3-5. You'd be big at the 3 and small at the 5 relative to traditional lineups, but I'm not sure if that matters if you have three versatile, Raptory guys that give you a good sum of both rebounding/defense and skill/shooting.

(I'd also probably agree with your usefulness rankings, I'm just assuming Flip and Whitehead are gone no matter what.)
I agree, but I was just picturing a scenario where Scheyer plays a traditional center no matter what. Mgbako-Mitchell-Stewart could be awesome. Something like Mitchell-Stewart-Young is not.

Basically, I distrust Scheyer's evaluation of frontcourt fit so much that I'm worried about anything that gums up the works.

^Well, will Young even be back? At any rate, I would suggest that Mgbako is ranked so high that he is basically a shoe in as a starter. I believe that your preferred line-up option is very likely what we will see if Mitchell comes back.

Based on the last year or so of his high school performance, I think Mgbako is going to struggle big time. And I don't think he's a shoe-in to start by any means. 247Sports had Mitchell #13, and he probably wouldn't have been starting right now if Whitehead had been healthy. Lively has only started 14 of 21 games despite being the #1 recruit. The 2023 class is similarly weak to the 2022 class.

If it come down to it and Mgbako is so good that he has to start, then it would be Stewart that would go to the bench and a true center would start in his place. Based on what we've seen this year, I don't see Scheyer starting a 6'7" dude at center full time.

Wow, he's got Proctor (first-round) and Mitchell (second-round) on there, but none of our freshmen. Totally expected to see Mgbako late first round.

I want to make that white kid on the left my avatar. Just the derpiest expression and most awkward posture. .

Also, is that the Memphis Hustle? Is their entire team white? In one of the blackest cities in the US? I see two white dudes in the picture here, and I believe Matthew Hurt plays for them as well.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom