Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Synergy does not include offensive rebounding in its offensive efficiency, so 1 ppp is probably amazing. I think these numbers also exclude any shots made by the roll man. Just what the ball handler is putting up in PnR situations.

DX updated their 2017 mock draft. Tatum is #4, Kennard #20, Giles #25 (wow), Allen (#39)

Other notables- Justin Jackson all the way up to #13. John Collins #15, Donovan Mitchell and Tyler Lydon in the low 20s. No Berry of course.

Yeah. And Allen continues to slide down. He was in the mid 30's at last check. I think Kennard also moved up; he had been in the mid 20's I believe. It's time to put Allen into all of the future lineup posts and take Kennard out.

Former unplayable Duke scrub, Semi Ojeleye, is two spots ahead of Grayson.

The NBA doesn't think much of Frank Mason, I take it (58).

How difficult is it to come back from Europe? People always seem to refer to it like it's a life sentence or something. I would think spending a year touring the Continent, playing basketball without being under a microscope, and getting paid a few hundred k for it would be preferable to staying here for nothing and having every step you take dissected and analyzed for some dark, underlying intent.

Tatum has likely solidified a top 5 spot by being such a beast in the ACC Tournament. The question is whether he can get back to #1. Should come down to his workouts and whether front offices believe his mindset can be tweaked properly.

Workouts will show whether his frequent lack of explosiveness and finishing ability around the rim this season was kind of fluky and if he has the natural ability to play more above the rim. If front offices believe he can be taught not to take so many trash shots, he can surpass Fultz/Ball, partly because so many teams have elite/expensive PGs already. Tatum can be a big, elite two-way SG in the league (assuming his range isn't Justise Winslow all over again) and there aren't many of those.

The trash shots aren't just the midrange jumpers. He makes a lot of bad decisions that end in turnovers or non-passes that should have been made, which shows how confident he is - a good thing - but also is simply a bad thing in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, we need more Lauren Brownlows, fewer Laura Keeleys is sports journalism

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Tatum 4, Kennard 19, Giles 24, Allen 39.

Gone, Gone, Gone, and Gone.

Don't think any stay, possibly Allen.

Allen has spent 3 years demonstrating that he's unable to drive and finish against tall, athletic defenders.

Good thing the NBA doesnt have any of those.

deepdarkblue said:
Justin Jackson at 12 better fucking go.

2-3 years older than any other player in the top 18. Fuck Roy and fuck his stupid ass dupes he convinces to come play for him.

If Knox chooses a guy who has gotten 8 years out of three recent top-10 dudes playing his position, with one going undrafted, over the the guy who has had four consecutive OAD lottery picks out of the same type players, then he is the dumbest bag of hammers in the world and deserves total and utter ruin all his life.

Roughly 50/50 about whether to test the waters, thereby becoming roughly 50/50 about leaving. No matter how you work out those odds for 0, 1 or both players leaving, I'm not sure whether it's good or bad. I don't think I want to see both of them on the court together ever again. If I had any faith in K to stagger his backcourt rotation properly so that strengths of one player covered weaknesses of another, rather than simply running your best overall players out there for 40 minutes, it would be fine.

I mean Duke would more than likely benefit from having Kennard back, really caused no issues other than lack of defense that was overshadowed by his offense. Grayson coming back would give us a Senior leader who has been there before, but has some baggage. Regardless, I think we would happily take either or both back.

If you're 100% positive you want to return, like Allen was last year, then it could perhaps be seen as a waste of time.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom