Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Also, was that the max vert or the no step vert? Big difference? Looked on Draft Express and they didn't have that particular combine measurement.

For perspective, Henderson was 31.5 "no step" and 35 "max."

Yeah it matters to an extent but I think it matters more how quickly you explode off the floor, which G was especially quick at even after an initial jump

Donovan Mitchell had a 6'10" wingspan on a 6'3" body. Luke Kennard had a 6'5 1/4" wingspan on a 6'6 1/2" body.

This sums up everything about Duke vs. Louisville.

childress22 said:
deepdarkblue said:
I feel bad for Harry. That vertical, not good.

Vertical stats are weird though. Sure, that's even a bit lower than Tyler Hansbrough and Patty Mills. But it's higher than Kawhi Leonard, Trevor Ariza, Josh McRoberts, Hassan Whiteside, Luol Deng, Clint Capela, Chandler Parsons, and DeAndre Jordan.

In Harry's particular case, though, things like this are being looked at closely for signs of ongoing physical issues. What made Harry elite was his explosiveness, athleticism, quickness. Without those things, it's difficult to justify burning a first round pick on him, let alone a lottery spot.

Harry is a truly nice kid and I hope he can stick in the NBA and have a long and successful career, it just may not start out the way he had hoped.

Didn't realize Givony had Luke at #16. As much as it hurts he absolutely made the smart choice. Hopefully he goes to Milwuakee.

He also has Giles to the Lakers. That'd be pretty cool. Could watch him and Ingram get stomped by the warriors 3 times per year with one fluke win.

rome8180 said:
I've seen him as high as 12.

Frank, not Luke, right?

I can't imagine Frank would remain in without a guarantee but I'm going to be petty and laugh every time Givony has him out of the first round.

Tony Bradley says he's an NBA stretch 4, but he can play the 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
skins said:
rome8180 said:
I've seen him as high as 12.

Frank, not Luke, right?

I can't imagine Frank would remain in without a guarantee but I'm going to be petty and laugh every time Givony has him out of the first round.
No, Luke at 12.

Honestly, Frank should be able to develop into a good NBA player. He might not get the draft spot he was initially hoping for, but someone is getting an absolute steal in the second round. He has elite level athleticism, can shoot it (with range) and is explosive in transition and going to the basket. He's raw right now and needs the game to slow down a bit. He's going to have a successful NBA career. He would be perfect in SA honestly, but then again, that's easy to say about a lot of players.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom