Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I hate all the comparison to "MVP Derrick Rose." It seems like it's entirely based on Morant being athletic and a point guard. Plus, it's selling Morant way short. He already is scoring more efficiently than Rose did at any point during his career.

Didn't see that Brooklyn lost to Portland the other night. That's truly a pathetic loss considering they had Kyrie and KD and the Blazers had no one. They're now 2.5 games behind the Bulls for 1st. At least the Bucks keep losing too. But they're 4-6 in their last 10. The Heat are right behind them and are somehow 7-3 in their last 10.

Meanwhile, the Grizzlies have won 10 in a row and are essentially locked into at least the 4 seed with a strong possibility of getting the 3 seed. If they got the 4 seed they would play the Mavs as of today. If they got the 3 seed, they'd play the Nuggets. I don't think the Nuggets have enough offense to win a playoff series without Murray, so I see that as the better matchup for the Grizzlies. But I think they could beat either team.

The Grizzlies are playing better than the Suns right now. There's still a whole lot of games left in the season.

I don't think the Nets would do this because of the PR disaster it would be and the message it sends...at least in the regular season, during an Omicron surge, but 5k fine per game is change in the couch to an NBA franchise. Kyrie makes close to 500k per game already.

So the part time player thing persists until May, and if the COVID surge has died down then? At most they could lay out an extra $50k to get him in for the entire suite of playoff games. I have to think that would be pretty tempting for them, given they already broke the seal on letting him play at all

Last edited:
In a few months, I think young, extremely fit people living their lives without any precautions against COVID is going to be more popular than not, politically. Half the country supports this as it is. The other half is coming around to the fact that COVID will be endemic and everyone will get it at some point in their lives. When the Pfizer pill is readily available to everyone, Kyrie’s overall stance will seem reasonable and probably ordinary. His reasoning will remain retarded, but that doesn’t matter as much. If the Nets are willing to eat the negative PR by merely letting Kyrie play at all, they’ll certainly take the bad with the good of winning a title at a time when the majority of Americans don’t care about vaccination status anymore.

Yeah, not to mention the coy comments Mayor Adams has made, I think they will come to some agreement by then. Some dialog seems to be occurring behind the scenes.

Nets easily dispatched the Bulls tonight in Chicago. I think they know at full strength no one is stopping them out East so they won’t have to idiotically play Harden and Durant so many damn minutes like last season the way Nash did. It’s almost like they have the swagger and mentality of a team that won the title last year, probably because they know they would have easily if not for the unfortunate timing of Harden and Kyrie’s second round injuries.

He was supposed to at least be able to tryhard you into 48 wins before becoming a massive liability. Can’t even do that anymore. I wonder if he will finish with the lowest field goal percentage in history of anyone who’s taken more than 15000 shots

I don't think the Nets would do this because of the PR disaster it would be and the message it sends...at least in the regular season, during an Omicron surge, but 5k fine per game is change in the couch to an NBA franchise. Kyrie makes close to 500k per game already.

So the part time player thing persists until May, and if the COVID surge has died down then? At most they could lay out an extra $50k to get him in for the entire suite of playoff games. I have to think that would be pretty tempting for them, given they already broke the seal on letting him play at all

Why can't they talk Kyrie into paying for it? I know he's an idiot, but surely he understands basic financial incentives? If he plays home games, he stands to make millions more than he's currently making.

The PR thing would still be there. But how much do they care about that if they're letting him play on the road?

He was supposed to at least be able to tryhard you into 48 wins before becoming a massive liability. Can’t even do that anymore. I wonder if he will finish with the lowest field goal percentage in history of anyone who’s taken more than 15000 shots

And this is WITH the Lakers playing small specifically to make things easier on him.

Knox has been a disaster. If Nate can turn him into a usable rotation player, it will be a miracle.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom