Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

No Curry, Klay, Wiggins (or obviously Draymond), Warriors come back from 16 down with nine to play at Popovich. Yeah, Spurs aren't good, but damn. I guess the Suns have a shot, or the Nets if Kyrie gets one. Probably not.

Kuminga's dunk in transition tonight could not even be ruined by Fitz's horrible commentary. Nasty dunk.

Khris Middleton being picked as a reserve is stupid. I guess we've arrived at the conclusion that not only are the players and fans stupid, the coaches are stupid too.

I'm not saying he isn't good. But there are several players more deserving or more worth watching. This is one place where the fans would have gotten it right and not overthought it. LaMelo Ball is the clear pick even if his efficiency is a bit worse.

Agreed. Also, even if you were going to pick a second Buck, Jrue is the one who deserves it. Not just slightly better PER and WS (and three-point shooting surprisingly), but a much bigger impact on the team.

Net On/Off is +4.2 for Middleton and +14.3 for Holiday.

Yeah, glad you brought him up because I almost made that same point. I would have been fine with Holiday. He's having probably his season.

Oh shit. That has to mean another move is imminent for the Blazers. This should be a slight improvement for Justise in terms of court time/ role. He's basically the only SF there now, unless they're about to trade McCollum/Lillard/Simons for one, which they just might.

Seems like a pretty good deal for the Clippers. If they happen to get PG13 and/or Kawhi back, they're in great shape.

Khris Middleton being picked as a reserve is stupid. I guess we've arrived at the conclusion that not only are the players and fans stupid, the coaches are stupid too.

I'm not saying he isn't good. But there are several players more deserving or more worth watching. This is one place where the fans would have gotten it right and not overthought it. LaMelo Ball is the clear pick even if his efficiency is a bit worse.
Didn't he only make it because there is a minimum of three frontcourt players on the bench, though? I would've had Jarrett Allen in over him, but I don't think he and LaMelo/Jrue were competing for the same spot.

The Tommy Beer tweets are a bit dramatic. Portland gave up too much for Covington for sure, but at this point, his service to the Blazers was going to be done at the end of the year anyway. He only had 30 games tops left for them.

Powell trade is a bit trickier. Both he and Trent have signed new deals with their new teams after the trade (would they have re-upped without the trade?), and neither are on terrible contracts, but each at around 16-18 million a year would contribute to Portland's 8th-in-the-league salary and tax issues.

Didn't he only make it because there is a minimum of three frontcourt players on the bench, though? I would've had Jarrett Allen in over him, but I don't think he and LaMelo/Jrue were competing for the same spot.
Maybe? Last I heard, there's a ton of ambiguity around whether the coaches are paying attention to position at all when selecting the reserves.

I just listened to the No Dunks podcast -- these are guys that have been podcasting on the NBA for 15+ years and had their own NBATV show. They mentioned preferring Ball or Holiday. There was no mention of any positional requirement (though they did discuss the fuzzy guidelines on a previous episode). At the minimum, I know there are a couple wild card spots. Do you have a link to any clear voting rules?

The Tommy Beer tweets are a bit dramatic. Portland gave up too much for Covington for sure, but at this point, his service to the Blazers was going to be done at the end of the year anyway. He only had 30 games tops left for them.

Powell trade is a bit trickier. Both he and Trent have signed new deals with their new teams after the trade (would they have re-upped without the trade?), and neither are on terrible contracts, but each at around 16-18 million a year would contribute to Portland's 8th-in-the-league salary and tax issues.
The tweet is looking at what the net result was. Not what move they should have done right now.

If you weren't going to want to pay Trent, why trade for another guy who basically has the same skillset, is actually a bit smaller, and was going to command at least an equal payday? It made no sense at the time. They should have traded Trent for someone who actually addressed their issues.

I thought the Covington move was good at the time, so I'm not going to knock it too much. I will, however, knock the equivocation that caused them to hang onto him for too long and lose him for basically nothing in the end. Should they have brought him back? No. Could they have gotten much more for him at this point? Maybe not. But they're the ones who let it get to this point.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom