Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

This was a good read -- I hadn't known any of this.

How was this not a story? I didn't know it either. And I average 10 NBA podcasts a week. This is a dude who was a major contributor on a really good Boston team just a few years ago. It's not like we're talking about Frank Mason out there.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 9.19.53 PM.png

Cade Cunningham since the start of 2022. I think he'd still go #1 overall. Mobley looks like a generational defensive talent who will be really good on offense. Cade looks like someone who will be able to carry an elite offense while being really good on defense. All things being equal, I'm going to privilege the offensive engine.

@SeanMayTriedToEatMe

I don’t think it’s close. No one has matched his peak performances this season, and he’s doing it on by far the worst offensive roster in the league. He gets double teamed on many possessions now. Mobley never deals with that. I think there are stats out there showing he’d have at least 2 more assists per game on a league average offense.

Not that it really matters, but Wiggins starting the All-Star game is absurd. Part of the problem is the power of the fan vote, but part of the problem is also the insistence on conferences and positions. Several of the guys I can think of who clearly should have made it over him are guards. Chris Paul, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell. Not sure if Doncic is listed at more than one position.

Not that it really matters, but Wiggins starting the All-Star game is absurd. Part of the problem is the power of the fan vote, but part of the problem is also the insistence on conferences and positions. Several of the guys I can think of who clearly should have made it over him are guards. Chris Paul, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell. Not sure if Doncic is listed at more than one position.

The player vote is wild. 46 guys voted for Wiggins? Was he bribing people or something?

2022-Western-Conference-Frontcourt-Voting-Results.pdf

Edit: that's showing up weird - https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-co...tern-Conference-Frontcourt-Voting-Results.pdf

Yeah, I retract my statement about the fan vote. The players are almost as responsible. They're usually a bit better than the fans.

Also, even if you go by position it's pretty clear that Gobert or Draymond should have gotten it. The players at least had Green and Gobert over him.

Last edited:
The players and media split on whether the other starter should be Draymond (#3 players, #4 media) or Gobert (#4 players, #3 media). But both of those guys through their unlikable personalities managed to get fewer fan votes than Wiggins, Paul George (WTF), or Anthony Davis.

Wiggins making the all star game is fine. Starting tho? Eh... I also wonder what part of it is just how much people dislike watching Gobert.

Cade is putting in an epic performance in the most important game of the Pistons’ season to date. Facing the Magic, who just finished off their second 1-14 stretch of the season and are up by 2 games in the tank race, Cade has started this game 0-11 and the Pistons are going to lose easily. What a clutch performer.

Wiggins making the all star game is fine. Starting tho? Eh... I also wonder what part of it is just how much people dislike watching Gobert.
It's fine only provided it doesn't keep more deserving players out. All-Star game appearances have contract implications. And they define legacies and help determine Hall of Fame voting.

In this case, it's probably okay because so many players are injured that everyone who should make it over Wiggins likely will be a reserve. But if someone like Towns was left off while GS gets three players, that would be ridiculous. All that said, the starting vs. reserve thing actually doesn't matter that much, tbh.

Kyrie has never shown the ability to carry a terrible roster to greatness like how Durant and Harden were able to keep the Nets competitive with the best teams even when neither of the other two guys were playing. Transcendent handler and shooter, but I guess Harden is at a different level in terms of making his team better offensively. Durant of course is generational.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom