Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Russell Westbrook makes a 3 to tie with under a minute. Then down two, he turns it over. Then down 4, he hits a 3 and is fouled and completes the 4-point play to tie again with 26 sec left.

I hate that I missed it. I kind of gave up on the Bulls when they went down 2-0. They'll still lose the series, but it's nice to see Dunleavy go off.

Watched the highlights. It's such bullshit that you can fling up a shot from 55 feet after getting fouled and get credited for a three-point attempt. No way that was a legitimate shot attempt by Wall.

VCU rookie saves Houston from pulling another Duke (they had a 10 point lead with 8 minutes left, and the game went to OT) with clutch dagger three.

8 points on shitty shooting against us in battle for atlantis:

PgfMB8B.jpg

rome8180 said:
Watched the highlights. It's such bullshit that you can fling up a shot from 55 feet after getting fouled and get credited for a three-point attempt. No way that was a legitimate shot attempt by Wall.

Did anyone see the end of Clips-Warriors the night before though? Chris Paul anticipated the midcourt foul well enough that was already in the air for a shot by the time the contact came, and they didn't give him three shots. Such crap. 50 foot continuation is one thing, but it's totally legit if you've already started the shot motion, IMO.

I kind of disagree and think it should be reserved for legitimate shots. Of course then you get into very subjective territory: what constitutes a legitimate shot attempt? I think everyone can agree that Wall was not attempting a shot from three-quarters court with multiple seconds left on the clock. But what if he was 28 feet from the basket?

I can see why it's simpler just award FTs to all drawn contact.

Yeah, he's okay with making millions of dollars off "the blacks" but doesn't want to be seen with them.

I really want to root for the Clippers, too, but he's a disgusting piece of shit.

So weird. I mean there's other past articles with him finally 'embracing' the team, excitedly shaking Jamal Crawford's hand in the lockerroom, etc. I guess he really does have a plantation mentality.

My guess is that behind the scenes, Silver will essentially strong arm him into selling the team. Or they could just wait for him to die I guess.

how weird is it going to be if the Clippers win the championship and he is standing their on stage with a T-shirt with Bull Russell, Adam Silver, and all the players and media guys. Yikes.

Might see some, ahem, interesting refereeing calls in some future clipper games.

Not that I don't believe TMZ or the authenticity of the recording, but I wanted to see the LA Times' take on this, and haven't found anything on their site. Anybody got any idea/theories as to why not?

dkst0426 said:
Not that I don't believe TMZ or the authenticity of the recording, but I wanted to see the LA Times' take on this, and haven't found anything on their site. Anybody got any idea/theories as to why not?

This stuff isn't new. It's pretty common knowledge that Sterling has been a racist asshole for at least 20 years. Had a bunch of lawsuits against him a while back with regards to his refusal to rent property to minorities. It's just embarrassing for the NBA whenever it pops up again.

Yeah, without seeing the story, I have to assume it's not news, because he'd have to do something truly shocking for it to be news.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom