Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Let's get Roy Williams's email, send him some racist shit and get him fired for having an inbox.

aiw said:
Let's get Roy Williams's email, send him some racist shit and get him fired for having an inbox.

Roy is bulletproof, so Hubert will have to take the fall.

Poor Hubert.

So Ferry is in trouble because he read, word for word, a scouting report of Luol Deng that mentioned this:

"He is still a young guy overall. He is a good guy overall. But he is not perfect. He's got some African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way."

The scout that wrote the report is the scout of another team. This is what is leading to the sale of the team, as it led to the hiring of a law firm for an independent investigation, which uncovered Levenson's email.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11486 ... ths-making

Gearon wrote the letter after Ferry, on a conference call with management and ownership, described free agent target Luol Deng “he has a little African in him, not in a bad way, but he's a guy who would have a nice store out front, but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back.”

Ferry is done. K is done. Duke is done. Mike Nifong smiles and nods tearfully somewhere, having been redeemed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This story is just bonkers. Who needs a scouting report on Luol Deng? Is there someone in the NBA who hasn't heard of him? Is there a scouting report on Lebron?

This slippery slope is getting to be quicksand.

Levenson forced to sell the team for an internal e-mail that contained words/opinions that were arguably not even racist
People calling for Ferry's head because he read off a scouting report that contained racist comments.

Is this the beginning of twitter and TMZ ruining professional sports? Have we rebounded as a society from being overly-tolerant of sexist, ageist, jingoistic, and racist remarks to being overly sensitive to the point of ruining good people's lives in the never-ending witch hunt for people who lack perfect political correctness?

This all feels horribly dangerous to me.

I think all of this needs to be viewed in the context of an ownership group that hates each other, has sued each other, has sued their own lawyers, and now nobody will touch them without a 30-foot pole. Except Danny Ferry I guess.

I'm just surprised Ferry was dumb enough to read those comments in any context, even if they weren't his own words. I mean, what was the value in sharing something like that? Just read the report and leave that part out.

I'd have reported that Deng had a lot of African in him, somewhere around 100%.

What's funny is that there are other races that live in Africa.

It's possible that he meant Afrikaner. This could explain why he was never as good as LeBron.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom