Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

From Reddit, the Knicks were dead last in the league in drives per game (per Synergy). This guy, arguably the best coach in any sport ever, is so ancient and legitimately losing his mind. I am really hoping Winslow doesn't have to play for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been mentioned exactly 0 times during all of the ESPN/TNT broadcasts. Horford very clearly pulling Deldo's arm.

CF0PMd-VIAEbu16.jpg

Deldo apparently mentioned in his presser that he was pulled down.

I am sure you guys have already discussed this extensively, but Teague's pre-overtime shot was garbage.

And then he passed up a wide-open three at the end of overtime. Neither of those decisions made any sense.

Oh, I'm not pissed about any of it. My desired outcome happened and it was a super-exciting game to boot.

ZackM said:

Ehhhh, sure, he got pulled a little bit at the beginning of the scrap, but I'm not buying that. He had an extra jump into Horford's leg at the end, and I don't believe that it's coincidence after what he did to Korver and his general rep as an instigator.

I'm a Cavs homer, but I can't stand that guy. It's one thing to be a dirty player, it's another to do things with the intent to injure. He's basically the basketball equivalent of a chop blocker.

I need a lengthy blog piece on the LeBron theory; who is going to step up and put this together?

DrKlahn said:
Cavs were -3 with Lebron on the floor, +6 without him. Bad player imo.

Pantone287 said:
ZackM said:

Ehhhh, sure, he got pulled a little bit at the beginning of the scrap, but I'm not buying that. He had an extra jump into Horford's leg at the end, and I don't believe that it's coincidence after what he did to Korver and his general rep as an instigator.

I'm a Cavs homer, but I can't stand that guy. It's one thing to be a dirty player, it's another to do things with the intent to injure. He's basically the basketball equivalent of a chop blocker.

Not sure if serious.

I think Dellavedova was just hellbent on making sure his man was blocked out more than anything. He wanted to make sure his teammate got the ball so even though he was falling down/being pulled down, he still tried to make sure he had his body on his man. I think it was just an overreaction to game 3 when Korver got his legs taken out.

Regardless, that's three incidents this postseason that he's been involved in, I just hope one with the Warriors isn't next.

CK86 said:
I think Dellavedova was just hellbent on making sure his man was blocked out more than anything. He wanted to make sure his teammate got the ball so even though he was falling down/being pulled down, he still tried to make sure he had his body on his man. I think it was just an overreaction to game 3 when Korver got his legs taken out.

Regardless, that's three incidents this postseason that he's been involved in, I just hope one with the Warriors isn't next.

Yeah, I could buy this as the reason for that last surge onto Horford's ankle, I guess. But it's quite a coincidence, given that he just ended the season of another one of their all-stars the previous game on the exact move.

Pantone287 said:
CK86 said:

Yeah, I could buy this as the reason for that last surge onto Horford's ankle, I guess. But it's quite a coincidence, given that he just ended the season of another one of their all-stars the previous game on the exact move.

Are you familiar with gravity?

Last edited:
Dude... "Delly" doesn't just "go down", he launches his butt into the side of Horford's leg as he does, just like he did Korver's. You really believe that Horford pulled him hard enough that he had no body control over his fall? Dude's an elite athlete, not some 50 year-old rec player with no body control.

I know we're all Cavs homers here, and Horford's not some innocent victim, but let's not pretend like yours is the only reasonable perspective here.

Also, Horford's a 9-year veteran All-Star player. You really think he's dumb enough to a) pull Dellavadova down onto his leg, then b) react so emotionally that he gets ejected, even though he actually pulled him so hard he had no control over where he fell? He clearly believed (and said) Dellavadova went after his legs.

Dude's an established dirty player at this point and doesn't deserve the enormous benefit of the doubt you're giving him.

Jesus christ...I'm not going to respond to any of that. Won't do any good.

I'm actually pretty shocked anyone thinks the Korver injury was in any way dirty. Haven't seen any basketball minds of any authority really pushing that narrative. It was a classic case of Delly making the dive for the loose ball, like you're instructed, and Korver doing exactly what they tell you *not* to do (specifically because it easily leads to injury), and only bend over to try and get it.

The only "dirty" thing Delly has done was the leg lock on Gibson, which was in retaliation for Gibson shoving him into the stanton earlier.

DurhamSon said:
The only "dirty" thing Delly has done was the leg lock on Gibson, which was in retaliation for Gibson shoving him into the stanton earlier.

Yep. And even on the same play Taj clobbered him from behind.

Dellavedova, in 2,651 career NBA minutes, plus another 289 playoff minutes, has a total of zero career flagrant fouls. In fact, out of that nearly combined 3000 career minutes, he's only ever been assessed two techs, which includes last night.

Quite a resumé for a dirty player.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom