Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Speaking of guys whose NBA career success will pretty much be made by their ability to be above-average 3pt-shooters for their position: It would be so great if Ryan Kelly made the Hawks. I feel like getting to play in Budenholzer's system would be Ryan's karmic reward for having to endure the Byron Scott years.

I really hate nba.com's new layout. I hate when elegant-looking, functional websites "upgrade."

Nice to see Lowry still owning Irving, and that Irving still can't win games without Lebron.

I know it's the preseason, but for fuck's sake. Lowry scored 25 pts on 9 shots.

Whether that's a good deal depends on which Maverick you compare him to.

Next to Harrison Barnes for 4 years at $23 million/yr, Smith's deal is a steal.
Next to Seth Curry for 2 years at $3 million/yr, that's a little pricy for a guy J.R.'s age.

Hopefully for the Cavs the deal is front-loaded but I'm guessing that's unlikely.

Pat McCaw had another good preseason game, 18 points including the game tying shot to send it into overtime and the game winner in O.T. on 6-10 shooting (4-6 on threes), 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal tonight. Think by mid-season at the latest he'll be the 2nd guard off the bench. Also was happy to see Kevon Looney had 9 rebounds in 14 minutes. That third big guy behind Zaza and David West is wide open so it'll be interesting to see who wins that spot of Looney, McAdoo, Damian Jones, Varejao or Javale McGee.

One thing I'll say about the Cavs is that they actually seem to have some good young talent this year, depending on how they decide to use their last bench spots.

Kay Felder, Jordan McRae, John Holland, and Jonathan Holmes are all guys that I think will stick in this league, and most of them will be better than about half of the guys picked in the first round last year.

McRae looks like a future starter on a bad team or a guy who can reliably give points off the bench on a good team.

A lot of people, myself included, had forgotten that Embiid had advanced stats as a freshman comparable to Towns, with much less basketball experience at that point, and has the eye test freakishness of Davis. If he's fully repaired, he's the franchise in Philadelphia and a potential MVP. Just figure out what to do with Noel and Okafor. Somehow prying Booker from the Suns would be ideal; Bledsoe would be good for them too and much less costly.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the little bit I've watched he's looked fantastic. He's fluid and cuts well. His moves are decisive.

I am serious about the Bulls doing this as part of a stealth tank. Getting Wade allows the front office to defend this upcoming 30-win season as simply poor play and coaching. Rondo/Wade/Butler/Gibson/Lopez is horrendous.

This will just look like a white banner. Like the Cavs are surrendering all home games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom