Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

rome8180 said:
May pave the way for Ingram to get ROY. Of course Simmons will probably be back by January at the latest, unless he wants to pull an Amile. Their season will be over by that point anyway, so he may just sit out the whole year. On the other hand, by that logic every Sixers player might as well start sitting out now. This raises certain existential questions about trying in the face of futility.

I don't expect them to be considerably worse without Simmons. They just need to more urgently deal one of their bigs for an actual small forward.

Pat McCaw had a great debut tonight for the Warriors. Definitely looks like a guy that will get minutes as a rookie with the second unit. His defense was great, had some really good passes on the offensive end and finished with 11 points, 4 assists and 5 steals.

Watched the Cavs' Wine and Gold scrimmage. Most impressive players were Kevin Love, Kay Felder, and Dunleavy. Love's stroke looks much more natural and he looks quicker. Felder has such a great feel for where players are on the court. Dunleavy is just a perfect fit for the Cavs' system.

I will irrationally hate Kay Felder because I feel like he's holding a roster spot that should have been Quinn Cook's. He join the elusive club of Tim Frazier (Andre Dawkins' would-be-Blazers spot last year; incidentally, Frazier could also cockblock Quinn this year in New Orleans), and whoever beat out DeMarcus Nelson on the Bulls.

Agree that Dunleavy is perfect for the Cavs' system.

Seth is off to a good start in Dallas. I thought he might do well there, but that again it would take more than half a season for the coach to start playing him. Instead, he had 12pts/3ast in their first exhibition, and has 20pts (including 5 of 6 treys) tonight.

rome8180 said:
In unrelated news Harrison Barnes went 1/10 for three points.
In fairness, those 3 points came on a better move than anything I ever saw him do in Golden State.

Last edited by a moderator:
childress22 said:
I will irrationally hate Kay Felder because I feel like he's holding a roster spot that should have been Quinn Cook's. He join the elusive club of Tim Frazier (Andre Dawkins' would-be-Blazers spot last year; incidentally, Frazier could also cockblock Quinn this year in New Orleans), and whoever beat out DeMarcus Nelson on the Bulls.

Agree that Dunleavy is perfect for the Cavs' system.

If it makes you feel better, the Cavs also just signed Toney Douglas. Apparently they just really aren't in to Quinn.

Ingram goes 0-5 in his debut, though apparently he had some big blocks. I didn't think he was aggressive enough, but I fell asleep during the game. Justise had a nice night, going 5-8 including 2-5 from three. JJ struggled and the Clippers lost 120-73 to Golden State. A preview of what's to come?

It took Ingram a few games to figure out the college game and then he was good. The same thing happened in summer league. I think he'll take 20-30 games and be a much better player the second half of the season rather than start hot and hit the rookie wall.

As for Golden State, you could tell they had played a game and the Clippers hadn't. They looked rusty on defense and the offense looked like they hadn't put much in yet. GS had way more motivation with it being the home debut of several players. I do think Durant is going to adjust quicker than I thought on playing with Steph, Klay and Draymond. When Klay got hot, they kept feeding him the ball just like a year ago. Same when Durant got rolling. Steph may actually take longer to adjust by trying to find a balance between scoring and setting up KD and Klay. Regardless, the defensive switching looked ahead of schedule for game 2 of the preseason.

Edited to add: think Mo Speights is outside candidate for 6th man of the year. That Clippers bench is bad. He'll probably average 8 shots a game in 10-14 minutes a game.

Reggie Jackson probably out 6-8 weeks. Pistons probably recover from a terrible first few weeks of the season to grab the 8-seed, thus giving the Cavs the toughest 1st round matchup out of all the home advantage teams. Warriors get the TWolves or some shit.

The path of Pistons-Indiana-Boston will be brutal. At least two players will get injured in the latter two rounds.

Jabari is going to put up some big scoring #s this season. Not sure if he'll be able to do it efficiently at this stage, but I think he'll have over 20 ppg

Kyrie not playing tonight. But the Cavs look fantastic. Loving what I see out of Felder, Dunleavy, Frye, Love, Liggins. The ball movement and pace are superb.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom