Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

This, plus a video I saw recently, bolster my argument that Westbrook shouldn't drive in halfcourt sets. I feel vindicated after all my arguments with NCCU.

And I'd wager that Irving was FAR better at finishing in any other season. This was something that drove me crazy last year, how he could not longer finish.

rome8180 said:
This, plus a video I saw recently, bolster my argument that Westbrook shouldn't drive in halfcourt sets. I feel vindicated after all my arguments with NCCU.

Yeah, but my argument was mostly premised on the contention that Russ driving leads to great looks for others moreso than himself. Also, his % is 6th on the list in the halfcourt, above others I am surprised at. Not bad.

NCCUknow said:
rome8180 said:

Yeah, but my argument was mostly premised on the contention that Russ driving leads to great looks for others moreso than himself. Also, his % is 6th on the list in the halfcourt, above others I am surprised at. Not bad.

Yeah, I was just complaining when he'd get tunnel vision. Drive and kicks obviously create looks.

To be fair, Kyrie also gets tunnel vision and he's my (sometimes) favorite player. However, I think if you look at 2015 Kyrie or playoff Kyrie the finishing at the rim will be much more favorable. Also, the Cavs offense is much more ISO-heavy anyway. And they don't have Durant standing on the wing or Adams in the paint to take more efficient shots than a Kyrie layup.

Let's hope Simmons doesn't Lauer/Fallon this interview. Ask this POS why he thought it was acceptable to use free agency to join a great team in a city tons of people want to live in. Fuck him.

Last edited by a moderator:
2016-17 NBA Regular-Season Win Totals

Formatting is terrible.

The over/under benchmark for regular-season wins for each NBA team for the 2016-17 season, as determined by the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas:

TEAM WINS TEAM WINS
W1 Golden St. 66.5 W8 Minnesota 41.5
E1 Cleveland 56.5 E8 Charlotte 39.5
W2 San Antonio 56.5 Dallas 39.5
W3 LA Clippers 53.5 Milwaukee 39.5
E2 Boston 51.5 Chicago 38.5
E3 Toronto 49.5 New York 38.5
W4 Utah 47.5 Miami 36.5
W5 Portland 46.5 New Orleans 36.5
E4 Detroit 45.5 Orlando 36.5
W6 Okla. City 45.5 Denver 34.5
E5 Atlanta 43.5 Sacramento 32.5
E6 Indiana 43.5 Philadelphia 27.5
W7 Memphis 43.5 Phoenix 26.5
E7 Washington 42.5 LA Lakers 24.5
W8 Houston 41.5 Brooklyn 20.5

Warriors winning 10 more games than anyone else.
Jazz getting home court in the 1st round.
Towns getting his team to the playoffs already.
Reggie Jackson in just as good a competitive situation as Russell Westbrook.

rome8180 said:
I'm going with the over for Golden State, and not just by a few wins either.

I think I'd rather take Cleveland on the over. Almost total continuity, a happy, rested LeBron and Irving/Love not coming off major injuries. Hard to think they'll do worse than last year.

GSW have three starters who played a balls-to-the-wall year, then long, hard playoff runs and then the Olympics. Klay and Draymond looked gassed in August. Durant is a huge upgrade, but I think the combination of a reversion to the mean (Curry), fatigue, building chemistry and likely far less emphasis on the regular season caps their likely win total. I wouldn't be shocked to see them win 62 games and then drop only 2-3 in winning the championship.

Projecting the playoffs based on the win total over/unders:

West
1 Warriors vs 8 Rockets/Wolves
2 Spurs vs 7 Grizzlies
3 Clippers vs 6 Thunder
4 Jazz vs 5 Blazers

East
1 Cavs vs 8 Hornets
2 Celtics vs 7 Wizards
3 Raptors vs 6 Pacers
4 Pistons vs 5 Hawks

Headed for Warriors Cavs III unless there are major injuries.

Ugh, and the Cavs' path of Hornets-Pistons-Celtics will be much more difficult than last year. The Celtics series in particular worries me. You just know someone is going to get injured. And Boston will overperform.

NBA League Pass still hasn't released pricing information for this year. Last year they released it in July.

Looks like KG is retiring. One of the best ever and IMO a top 10 player in my generation (last 40 yrs.). I thought it was great he returned to Minnesota to mentor KAT & Wiggins. A true Minneapolis sports legend.

Preview of K's decision with Grayson Allen. Glad the Rockets made this acceptable in basketball, so K won't feel obliged to mine the depths of human point guard play and give a guy like Derryck Thornton so many minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real happy that Mo Williams is retiring and the Cavs will replace him Mario Chalmers or Norris Cole. Glad they didn't sign Quinn Cook or anything.

May pave the way for Ingram to get ROY. Of course Simmons will probably be back by January at the latest, unless he wants to pull an Amile. Their season will be over by that point anyway, so he may just sit out the whole year. On the other hand, by that logic every Sixers player might as well start sitting out now. This raises certain existential questions about trying in the face of futility.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom