Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Rome, that's definitely their best lineup in crunch time and against the Warriors. I think the Celtics will probably go Kyrie, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Horford in crunch time and against Cleveland.

That's a good lineup for the future, but not one that has any chance against Cleveland this upcoming season. With the caveat of Lebron pulling a 2009 playoffs where he threw the series against Boston.

One problem with that Celtics lineup vs. Cleveland is rebounding. The Cavs can play Lebron at the 4 and Love at the 5 without losing much rebounding, since both of them are excellent on the boards. But Horford is a mediocre rebounder, and while Tatum shows great potential there he'll be a rookie trying to rebound with Lebron. This is assuming that Cleveland doesn't just go big against that lineup, in which case the discrepancy will be even more severe.

One problem with that Celtics lineup vs. Cleveland is rebounding. The Cavs can play Lebron at the 4 and Love at the 5 without losing much rebounding, since both of them are excellent on the boards. But Horford is a mediocre rebounder, and while Tatum shows great potential there he'll be a rookie trying to rebound with Lebron. This is assuming that Cleveland doesn't just go big against that lineup, in which case the discrepancy will be even more severe.

And defense. Brown is a plus defender but the rest are not the best. Especially defending at the rim

I think Tatum can be, given what he showed in college, and Stevens has made comments to the same effect. But I wouldn't expect it as a rookie.

Spurs fans are soooooo sad it's hilarious
Did they actually think they had a shot at Kyrie? I'd love for him to be on the Spurs but they didn't have anything to give Cleveland for him.

I think what needs to be looked at is the Paul George trade. Chicago and Cleveland got pretty good haul's for Kyrie and Butler. Indiana got pure garbage for George.

Spurs fans are ignorant. They only see what they want to see. They see Danny Green, LA and guys like that with value but don't see the needs of the team getting those guys. They think Cleveland made a mistake by not taking those two (and another player I can't remember) plus their 1st pick. Hell they don't even know who Porter and Bagley are not to mention Bamba or Carter.

I honestly think Cleveland got the best possible deal they could have gotten. They remain a top contender, clearly the second best team IMO. And they got a top 5 pick which no one saw them getting.

Sad state of affairs for the Celts is that Horford, while being a mediocre rebounder, is head and shoulders above everyone else on that squad in terms of rebounding ability.

They need some help up front.

Ruh roh!!

Looks like Isaiah may not have passed his physical w/ the Cavs. Or, at the very least, they're gonna further interrogate the hip. With Cleveland Clinic being their ortho folks, you can bet they'll give it a full inspection.

oooohhhh what an interesting next chapter that would be!

Ruh roh!!

Looks like Isaiah may not have passed his physical w/ the Cavs. Or, at the very least, they're gonna further interrogate the hip. With Cleveland Clinic being their ortho folks, you can bet they'll give it a full inspection.

oooohhhh what an interesting next chapter that would be!

LMAOOOOOOOO unburn the jerseys

Another post on how good Jae Crowder is:

With how valuable Crowder is as a trade chip and how valuable the Nets pick is, it's clear that Isaiah Thomas has practically no value at all.

Thank god. There was talk the Suns might re-enter negotiations and Kyrie would be stuck in that shit-hole.

Not sure why they budged at all. I guess Thomas's health must be a major concern.

The Bucks were offering Brogdon, Middleton, and likely a pick -- just for comparison.

Considering Miami is probably a playoff team then, this pick will be in the back half of the 2nd round too. If GS was able to buy a top 10 second round pick for a few million, what does that make this pick worth? A couple hundred thousand? I can't believe they stalled the deal a week for this shit.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom