Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Considering Miami is probably a playoff team then, this pick will be in the back half of the 2nd round too. If GS was able to buy a top 10 second round pick for a few million, what does that make this pick worth? A couple hundred thousand? I can't believe they stalled the deal a week for this shit.

Well that explains it. Gilbert, a known meddling shithead of an owner, tried to squeeze Ainge for the sake of his own ego. I wouldn't be surprised if Silver stepped in behind the scenes and told me to cut that shit out.

Gilbert's a disgusting human being. Can't blame Kyrie at all for wanting out. LeBron is as good as gone to LA too.

If the Cavaliers win another title in my lifetime, unless it happens next year, it will be highly surprising.

Vegas projecting Celtics to win 56.5 games as compared to Cavs 53.5. Tempting to bet against that.

Didn't realize that IT might miss a good portion of the season. If that's the case, not as big of a fan of the Cavs trade. The goal should be to lessen LeBron's load in the regular season, not make him carry even more. Will be interesting to see if Love becomes the #1 until IT gets back or if LeBron plays more of an aggressive scoring role.

The more pundits I've listened to, the more I've heard that the Cavs made the trade primarily for Crowder and the Nets pick.

That's a good read SMTTEM. Kyrie will never put up the numbers Westbrook does but he's not far off from being the best guard in the league and I think it's realistic he gets there.

The more pundits I've listened to, the more I've heard that the Cavs made the trade primarily for Crowder and the Nets pick.
I guess they could've survived with Rose and Williams. Lebron is basically the teams PG anyway.

What's the alternative? Zizic and one year of Thomas? The Cavs basically said they were trying to improve their future since their roster was heavily skewed toward trying to win now (and to come up just short).

I think the 2018 pick was the central piece in the trade, lthough I do think the Cavs will be pleased with Crowder's offense, defense, and contract. Hell, he could be their best player a year from now.

Last edited:
If the Cavs were to try to trade IT and Crowder separately, they would get far more return on Crowder. I don't think they could even unload IT on someone without throwing in sweeteners. So yeah, I would agree with everyone else who is saying Crowder and the pick were what the Cavs actually wanted. IT was almost like deadweight the Celtics forced the Cavs to accept along with the good stuff.

I wonder if the Bucks would trade Brogdon and a bunch of bad contracts (if they have any) for IT.

Miles Plumlee @ $50mm + MB for IT? I'd certainly do that if I were the Cavs. $$ might not match, though.

Not sure you want Jabari and Isaiah on the same team defensively, though.

Anyone give Cleveland a shot this year if they're healthy? I think they have a realistic shot. Thomas, Smith, Crowder, Bron, Love. Maybe Rose over Smith but who knows. I think the Warriors probably win in 6. I'd probably pick Cleveland in 6 over Boston. I think they're a piece away or at least a 1-2yrs away when Brown and Tatum are ready for bigger contributions.

Miles Plumlee @ $50mm + MB for IT? I'd certainly do that if I were the Cavs. $$ might not match, though.

Miles is two teams removed from the Bucks at this point, though.

Honestly, if I were the Cavs, I'd only move IT if it's a bigger package that lets me get rid of one of my more unwieldy contracts (Thompson, Shumpert) as well. IT's on a one-year deal.

Miles is two teams removed from the Bucks at this point, though.

Honestly, if I were the Cavs, I'd only move IT if it's a bigger package that lets me get rid of one of my more unwieldy contracts (Thompson, Shumpert) as well. IT's on a one-year deal.

Damn. Thought I read an article on The Ringer about Miles cashing in with the Bucks. Figured they were stuck with him. Then Jordan.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom