Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

DPJNv20UQAAqii-.png:large

I think if Boston wins 60+ games and the Rockets don't, he'll get it. Now that he's not complete ass from 3 like he was to start the season, all his numbers are back in line with the last few years.

@NCCUknow will spearhead the anti-Kyrie campaign from this board if there looks to be any chance Harden doesn't win it.

Kyrie is the 8th most efficient high-usage player in the NBA after his performance last night:

I was laughing while listening to Simmons rank his top 20 players on his podcast, when he put Kyrie 7th or 8th. Thought he was being a homer as usual. But if Kyrie is the 8th most efficient offensive player in the league (among stars who carry their teams), and Kyrie is an elite defensive player now, how can he not be 8th at worst? What a difference coaching makes, too. Saw a stat yesterday that Boston's starters were playing the fewest minutes in the NBA, while Lue will probably crack his whip over LeBron for 40 minutes a game during long stretches again this season.

Boston's starters playing the fewest minutes is good in the long run. But it is leading some of these games to be far closer than they need to be, due to the general shitheadedness of the second unit. However, maybe Brad is just enough of a genius to walk that tightrope and still win.

Very uncharacteristically of me, I might have rushed to judgement about the Lakers a bit too soon in previous posts.

If Lakers are legit a team that will win in the mid to high 30s -- maybe even a fringe 8th seed as a ~40 win team -- you have to think that's more than enough for LeBron to join up out west. Everything keeps kind of falling into place for it:

-The further decaying of the Cavs roster
-Lakers actually showing they have some young pieces, even if not necessarily future franchise guys, enough to do regular season lifting for LeBron. Kuzma might be near his ceiling already but it looks like in a year or two he could be at minimum a 6th-7th man on a title team. Maybe even a low end starter. Same with Ingram.
-Super OKC experiment turning into a failure that's of no interest in the long term for Paul George
-A title window that would line up as the repeater tax is set to break up the Warriors in by the end of next season

By next year this is the lineup they could be putting this on the floor:

-Ball
-KCP/Clarkson
-George
-LeBron
-Re-signed Bird rights Lopez? I'm not sure if they have to jettison him to open up room for both maxes.

...With Kuzma and Ingram as pretty damn good bench pieces. That's a team that wins somewhere in the 50s. And if you can get away with sliding PG13 back into the SG slot:

-Ball
-George
-Ingram/Kuzma
-LeBron
-C

A real masterstroke would be trading for Cousins. Hopefully they would accept a package centered around Lonzo Ball given their dire guard situation, but Ingram is moved if necessary. KCP or Clarkson in the deal to match salary. Then you're rolling out:

-Clarkson or cheap, Mario Chalmers level PG
-George
-Ingram/Kuzma
-LeBron
-Cousins

With one of Kuzma or Ingram still coming off the bench. That team I think would fairly easily win 57-66 games a season, depending on rest for the vets. Would make for some great clashes with Boston in the finals starting around 2020.

Ballmer won't do this before a move to a new arena, but the right thing to do would be to trade Blake/Deandre, and scoop up as much talent as possible in the next two drafts. Blake's gonna be 29 next spring and has already peaked as a player, and the team isn't doing anything with him as the best player. Shoot the moon for a couple of Doncic/Bagley/Ayton/Bamba/Barret/Zion and whatever high school kids declare for the 2019 draft.

Team had a legitimate window from 2013-2015. Always played less than the sum of their parts, in addition to unfortunate injuries.

Lost in all the hub bub about the Knicks hot start is the fact that they've played 12 of 17 at home.

Very uncharacteristically of me, I might have rushed to judgement about the Lakers a bit too soon in previous posts.

If Lakers are legit a team that will win in the mid to high 30s -- maybe even a fringe 8th seed as a ~40 win team -- you have to think that's more than enough for LeBron to join up out west. Everything keeps kind of falling into place for it:

Yeah, it still feels weird to have LeBron and George being the first two FAs mentioned by everyone for the Lakers. when the team's best young players are both 6'9-6'10" combo forwards. Their top 5 players would also include a third 6'9" forward in Nance, who also has a PER of 19.18.

They could use a guard or two, and a defensive big, more than they need Paul George. LeBron is still surprisingly fantastic, but I don't think bringing him in for a few years actually helps the young players develop, either. Why not go for a guard and a big -- where the needs are.

DSon, if they get George and Lebron then sadly, I think the smart move is to move Ingram. George at the 2, Bron at the 3, Kuzma at the 4.

I'd move Ball, Ingram and Randle. I bet they'd get a nice little haul for that. Either in separate moves or together. Those 3 and a pick or two might be able to get Davis. In that scenario, or who is available I actually think Seth Curry would be a good option. Another shooter for Bron and could be had for cheap.

Curry
George
Bron
Kuzma
Davis

All 5 can shoot which would be perfect for Bron.

I'm not a Rozier lover, but in the games I've watched, he's been far more effective on offence than Smart. Smart is a royal pain in the ass on defence, though.

I think Smart is most effective posting up other guards.

In tandem, they are frequently disgusting.

5 steps with no call? Impressive. That's why he's the GOAT.

Travels aren't called on fast breaks. Ever. Either in college or the NBA. However, the slightest shuffle or drag of the pivot foot before a halfcourt drive? They shut that shit down.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom