Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Philadelphia decides to effectively trade Tatum and a Lakers draft pick, that iirc wasn't protected at all before they sent it to Boston, for Markelle Fultz, a player who plays at the deepest position in the NBA by far. It's like the opposite of what the Eagles did to the Browns to get Wentz.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/15/16654232/how-to-identify-an-nba-draft-bust-markelle-fultz

LOVE articles like this that use quantitative analysis to go against conventional wisdom, in this case the idea that you can't evaluate a rookie until a few years in, let alone a few games in. Coefficient of determination of 0.58 is extremely impressive value for a predictor given what I thought would be enormous volatility in a 10 game sample size in mostly incomparable situations for rookies.

Wonder if that would hold to the college level, where 10 games in is more like the first 4 games against peer level competition (i.e no Grambling State preseason cupcakes). Just anecdotally it's kind of held recently in both directions, given what we saw from Kennard/Kyrie/Jabari, as well as Bolden/Thornton/Jeter. We know right away the former group was going to be very good, and, well, that the latter group was not going to live up to their recruiting rankings.

Warriors are 7-point favorites at Celtics tomorrow.

So the best any East team will do against the Warriors in the Finals is being around 7-point underdogs at home and 14-point underdogs on the road. Disgusting.

Read this quote and tell me what's the first thought that pops up in your head

KD's move fucked the league from a competitive standpoint so badly that it didn't even occur to Curry to not presume he was not a 100% lock to make the finals in a public statement and I as a Warriors hater didn't even notice it until an hour later, because it really is a statement of fact

I like this one from Z. Lowe:

"Skeptics imagined rookie-year Tatum as a defensive liability who would indulge in too many Carmelo Anthony-style midrangers. Nope. Tatum has been fine on defense, and about 70 percent of his shots have come either at the rim or from 3-point range. He is one of those guys who moves really fast along the horizontal plane. He's a glider. He finishes smoothly in traffic with either hand, and navigates with the confidence of a five-year veteran."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21438641/zach-lowe-10-things-like-featuring-pelicans-nba

Also - a nice bit on Kyle Anderson from the Spurs. The last great player from St. Anthony's High School in Jersey City.

Curry, Durant and Green all took a picture after the game yesterday with Jahlil's dad who was wearing a "Free Jah" tshirt.

ysHwjN3.png

This fanbase, I swear to god. Smart could drop his shorts and take a dump right in the middle of the court for 46 minutes a night but these goddamn fans will cherry pick like 2-3 "winning" plays he made to elevate him. This idiotic post was made after a 3-15 shooting night, by the way.

Meanwhile if Kyrie shoots less than 45% in back to back games, they start grumbling about missing Isaiah Thomas.

Last edited:
They wouldn't need his "winning" plays if he didn't spent 90% of the game making shithead plays.

Really, that's the story of his career. You might need a better team to get close to the finish line with him as opposed to some other stars, but then he's the fucking NBA Mariano Rivera.

Stevens knew what he was doing, because he can put together a team that gets him to that five minutes like no one else. Cavs ought to have known because 2016 - that and a shitpile of clutch performances down the stretch even for some horrific teams.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom